 Castle / 1334
1333  |  1335
Subject:
Tough to find pieces
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sun, 2 Jan 2000 19:09:26 GMT

Paul Davidson wrote in message ...

Just out of interest, which castle accessory is the most valuable? The • least
valuable?

Offhand ... the black sword?  I only have one of them.  It came with that
old amour-shop set, the number of which I'm too lazy to look up.

Paul Davidson

   That was an interesting question for me, as a collector and player (with
Legos, I mean!).  The black sword falls into a category of the rarer pieces,
but I wouldn't say its the most valuable.  There are quite a number of
pieces I see in that category.  Here is a list of pieces from Castle sets
that I consider much rarer (in excellent condition) than most, in no
particular order.  Some are more common than others, but because of
popularity have more value.  Armor Shop is 6041, and has a few rare pieces,
but none are that valuable, so the set is not that expensive.
Black Sword (6041)
Black Lance
Blue BF flag (6074)
Red Crusaders (Lion) flag (6041)
Wine glass (6041)
Red extreme corner slopes (6040)
various torsos that were only available in one particular set
Blacksmith torso (6040)
female torso (6071)
female torso, legs (6081)
female torso (6023, 6067, 6060)
red female hat (6067,6060)
white female hat (6023)
grey treasure chest (6011)
red walls (6067)
tavern flag (6067)

   I am sure I have missed a few, but those are all hard to find, and even
harder when you want them badly!
   The last four I am accustomed to paying $20+ per piece.
   There are other rarities from the earliest wave of Castles, but are even
harder to find separately such as:
light grey pole axes
Shields
Torsos
Visored helmets
Visors
light grey lances
little red windows (375/6075)
yellow extreme corner slopes (375/6075)
   And these are things I am ~still~ searching for:
stickers
boxes for (383/6083, 677/6077, as well as 6011, 6010, 6021, 6022, 6023)
Instructions (383/6083, 6011, 6023, 6067)

   The hardest to find piece, although, not necessarily the most expensive,
in my experience is the little grey cylinder in 677/6077.
--
   Have fun!
   John

"Censorship is yet another tool in the dumbing-down of America
by a power structure that relies on a populace too lazy or ignorant
to think independently." -Vanessa McGrady