 Castle / 1335
Re: Building a Mini-fig Army, how much to pay
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sun, 2 Jan 2000 19:22:27 GMT

Aaron West wrote in message ...
In lugnet.castle, John DiRienzo writes:
David Eaton wrote in message ...
In lugnet.castle, James Brown writes:
I'm fond of 5x5 formations.  25 figs, all matching look very good in a • 5x5,
and fit nicely onto a small-ish baseplate.  (I think I'm at ~100, or • maybe
125
done this way - I haven't checked to see if I can make the extra • formations
yet.  75 for sure)

I've got:
Classic (Yellow castle) - 70
Crusaders - 300+
Black Falcons - 200+
Forestmen - 60
Black Knights - 150+
Wolfpack - 40
Dragon Masters - who cares
Royal Knights - who cares
Dark Forest - 40
Fright Knights -  who cares

Re:  Who Cares.
If you don't care (!?), I'll take them off your hands and surely you can • then
be happy.  They were the only ones I could get my hands on, because of that
whole psychological Dark Ages thing I went through in my teenage years when • I
was too old for LEGO.  If you incorporate the Majisto Wizard, Dragons, Rock
Monsters, and Winged Horses in your armies (Darth Maul makes for great • Nazgul)
then they fit for a fantasy army (a la Tolkien).  I only wish that LEGO • would
produce Goblins of some sort.  But if you are going for a strictly • historical
army, then no, no one would care.
Best wishes!
Aaron > maniac@vol.com

  Well, Aaron, I am glad to see someone liked the stuff Lego has been
putting out for the past few years.  It hasn't been my cup of tea in a long
time, but it seems they are trying to match my taste again.  I do pity you
for your Dark Ages, mine lasted too long, too!  I was lucky enough to get
back into Lego before it became so marketable, and managed to acquire a
bunch (see list above - I didn't buy all of that on my paperboy salary back
in the day!) of older stuff in lieu of buying the new stuff that I didn't
like.  When I would find newer stuff on clearance, I would say, "what the
heck" then pick up the new stuff, too.  Now, everyone seems to be buying the
old stuff, and its not so cheap anymore!  Bah!  The collector's items were
already pricey when I got into it, but the price per common (at least, in
the past) mini-fig has really taken off.  I am always willing to trade the
newer stuff I do have for the older stuff I prefer.  I am also willing to
trade for newer stuff I don't have ~too much~ of, if it will help you get
something you are really after.
--
   Have fun!
   John

"Censorship is yet another tool in the dumbing-down of America
by a power structure that relies on a populace too lazy or ignorant
to think independently." -Vanessa McGrady