 Castle / 1291
Re: 4811 Defense Archer!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sat, 1 Jan 2000 03:38:52 GMT

On Wed, 29 Dec 1999 17:42:20 GMT, "Jeff Stembel" <Dragonelf1@aol.com>
wrote:

In lugnet.castle, David Eaton writes:
Well, it's officially on http://www.lego.com/catalog/ as 4811! Looks like it
comes with the black-moustached soldier, plate armor, kettle helm, quiver...
with 2 crossbows mounted on a little thingy that spins on a 4x4 black
turntable, and has a Leo's Crest shield mounted on the front. (And a small
green baseplate). Maybe it'll even come out in polybag form!

I sure hope it is polybagged.  Less waste that way, for when I buy tons.  :)
Anyway, here is my predicted Inventory (matches the 14 piece count exactly):

2 Green 4x4 Plates;
1 Black 4x4 Turntable;
1 Gray 2x2 25 degree Slope Brick;
2 Black 1x1 Bricks w/Sidestud;
1 Gray 1x2 Brick w/Cross-Axle Hole;
2 Dark Gray Crossbows;
1 Gray Royal Knights II Medium Shield;
1 Black Set of Legs w/Plate Armor Deco;
1 DG/R/Y Torso with Plate Armor Deco;
1 Yellow Minifig Head, Mustached Footman;
1 Dark Gray Pikeman's Helm;
1 Brown Quiver of Arrows.

Since Connected heads and torsos count as one piece, subtract 1 from the above
count to get the listed 14 pieces.  At $1.99 (my guess for the price), This
seems to be a pretty good buy, especially if you want more soldier minifigs.

Jeff
Well if this hits the USA at a reasonable price (polybagged or not),
say the normal polybag price of about $1.99, I *WILL* buy tons,
especially if I can find them on sale.  It would be nice to out number
all those Fright Knight 6028's I picked up :^)  As a "bonus" we get
shields for these guys, I like that!  The crossbows will go to the
unwashed peasant-type masses, i.e. the levy of cannon fodder (catapult
fodder?), you know those 'figs who think they are pirates or space
pilots and such :^)  Now I just have to secure a place to actually
start building then do so, at the moment I am just mostly "acquiring"
more parts (parts! parts! parts!)
Mike
(eventually those barbarian hordes will have something to sweep down
against!, of course I still haven't decided just who will be the
barbarians!)