 CAD / Development / 7862 (-100)
  Re: I need help on Delphi so I can finnish my program

I need to know how can I pass a selected Listbox item to a lets say 4 edits. Example user clicks on a item an then delphi passes the 4 words in the current item to 4 edits a word in each edit. Can someone help me plase. I hope is not with (...) (22 years ago, 18-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Formalizing a method for handling synthesizable parts

Thanks for this pointer. I contacted Koen and he has gaciously donated his code to the synthesis effort. The results on his website are stunning. Going straight to triangles provides a much more finished looking result. This will work very well for (...) (22 years ago, 17-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Formalizing a method for handling synthesizable parts  [DAT]

(...) Steve, Thanks for the high level guidance. It is welcomed and appreciated. (...) Yes. Of course. I've set a few of my own goals also. An example of what I'm thinking about now is: 0 SYNTH BEGIN ELECTRIC_CABLE 1 0 -348 -114 70 0 0 -1 0 1 0 1 0 (...) (22 years ago, 17-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Formalizing a method for handling synthesizable parts

I'm going to mostly stay out of this discussion for now. I will throw out a few suggestions/requirements, though: 1. The final definition should be renderable by ldraw.exe. 2. It might be a good idea to put each 'synthesizable part' in its own file (...) (22 years ago, 17-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: I need help on Delphi so I can finnish my program

(...) Here's a better way (I think, I haven't tested it yet); Use ExtractStrings as stated above and change the string you want to change. Then set the Delimter Property to ' ' set the QuoteChar Property to '' use the DelimitedText property to (...) (22 years ago, 16-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: I need help on Delphi so I can finnish my program

(...) Sorry I do understand is only that I don't like the ansewr. But I'll see what I can do. (22 years ago, 16-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Formalizing a method for handling synthesizable parts

(...) I suspect your problem was that you were confused by the technical jargon of "Bend Thingie." 8^) Dave! (22 years ago, 16-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Formalizing a method for handling synthesizable parts

(...) Yes! That's the one! Good to know my memory hasn't *completely* gone soft in my old age... <grin> JohnG, GMLTC (22 years ago, 16-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Formalizing a method for handling synthesizable parts

(...) This? (URL) Dave! (22 years ago, 16-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: I need help on Delphi so I can finnish my program

(...) Please don't take this the wrong way, but if you didn't understand what he wrote, then you would probably find it a lot less frustrating to spend some more time learning how to use Delphi, and programming techniques in general. I've never (...) (22 years ago, 16-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Formalizing a method for handling synthesizable parts

(...) Iterative solving requires a model and a way to compute how far it is from a desired state and a way to compute how to take a tiny step toward the desired state. You loop over tiny steps, updating the model, until either X steps are taken, the (...) (22 years ago, 16-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Formalizing a method for handling synthesizable parts

In lugnet.cad.dev, Kevin L. Clague writes: <snip1> (...) <snip2> Someone posted something similar to this a while back, but I can't find it... They were demonstrating rendering (POV-Ray, I think) LEGO flexible tubing by defining it as a computed (...) (22 years ago, 16-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Formalizing a method for handling synthesizable parts

Erik, I think that for tube like devices, the constraints will be vectors that indicate some part of the tube needs to be at this location and at this orientation. The endpoints are like this. This constraint mechanism works well for routing wires (...) (22 years ago, 16-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: I need help on Delphi so I can finnish my program

I don't understand this hope there is another easy way. (...) (22 years ago, 16-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: I need help on Delphi so I can finnish my program

(...) This way may seem clunky but it is the only way I can think up off the yopp of my head: Extract each word to a TStringList class using the ExtractStrings procedure. For example, assuming a string called Sentence: ExtractStrings([' '], [' '], (...) (22 years ago, 15-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  I need help on Delphi so I can finnish my program

How can I change a leter of a current selected line? example 1 0 3 0 5 0 0 1 how can a change the second 0 witch is the 5th numbe from left? and a word? example 2 hello Eduardo how are you. How can I change Eduardo word "name" ? please help me I (...) (22 years ago, 15-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Formalizing a method for handling synthesizable parts

(...) Philo, The springs are synthesized parts for sure. I don't percieve the shock absorber parts as much different than ends of hoses. The shock absorber pieces placement and orientation define where the springs should be. I just wanted to make (...) (22 years ago, 15-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Formalizing a method for handling synthesizable parts

(...) Yes, but these parts may be more or less squeezed depending on use, and subparts may be used to make them longer or shorter. Only spring length must be adjusted... Granted, that use much less important than true flexible parts. Philo (22 years ago, 15-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Formalizing a method for handling synthesizable parts

(...) Thanks Philo, Springs are always part of larger LEGO component, right? Shock absorbers and large pneumatic pumps come to mind. Are there other places they are used? Kevin (...) (22 years ago, 14-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LPub - LEGO Publication made easy!

I worked on the RIS book that Syngress is going to publish and so I had extensive experience working with LPub. This tool really is amazing. Kevin has put a LOT of work into this program (I know, I bugged him with many questions :) ) and it shows. I (...) (22 years ago, 14-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.inst)

  Re: LPub - LEGO Publication made easy!

(...) anyone who creates .ldr/.dat files to download this tool and give it a whirl! Jake --- Jake McKee LEGO Enthusiast Webmaster - BI Portal (URL) (22 years ago, 14-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.inst)

  Re: Preview of a new ldraw editor "sort of"

Has anyone tryed this program? (...) (22 years ago, 14-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Formalizing a method for handling synthesizable parts

How about, instead of specifying an entire curve, to specify the stiffness of each joint and use iterative solving to arrange the elements between endpoints? Adding constraints with other pieces would follow after that. (22 years ago, 13-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Detemining Bad Vertex Sequence

Hi, I've created a simple web page with some examples of the output of my program. There you will find the remaining primitives that hadn't been certified yet and all the technic bricks certified with my program. (URL) Steve, could you put them at (...) (22 years ago, 13-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Formalizing a method for handling synthesizable parts

Looks great ! Springs should probably be included too as they have ends with something variable in between... Philo www.philohome.com (22 years ago, 13-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Formalizing a method for handling synthesizable parts

Larry, Yes, I'm glad you mentioned string. It is similar to both bands and tubes. I'm not much of a mathematical theoretician, so I'll probably need some help designing the algorithms, but I can code like a madman. Kevin "Larry Pieniazek" (...) (22 years ago, 14-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Formalizing a method for handling synthesizable parts

(...) I think this would be very nifty! (...) One other type of flexible part is string. Taut string should conform to the shape of whatever it is wound on, leave tangentially, and have a linear path to the other end. Slack string should conform to (...) (22 years ago, 13-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDGLite and XFree86 4.2?

(...) I'm not sure if MESA-demos (I just looked it up) is part of XFree86-devel. I suspect not. (...) I don't know about that. Perhaps MESA-lib is closely tied because of the intermingling of X and OpenGL protocols, but the higher level windowing (...) (22 years ago, 13-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDGLite and XFree86 4.2?

(...) XFree86-devel is already installed. (...) I will see if I can get that to work, but I would expect it to be rather closely tied to the rest of the XFree86-package. Play well, Jacob -- Bregnerod (a LEGO town): (URL) (22 years ago, 13-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Formalizing a method for handling synthesizable parts

I'm relatively new to the LDRAW CAD world, but am very impressed with all the work that has been done. It is amazing that we have such a huge parts database to work with. I've been working on a tool for publishing LDRAW based designs. It has been in (...) (22 years ago, 14-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad.dev) !

  Re: LDGLite and XFree86 4.2?

(...) That's not going to do it. You seem to be missing the glut library which is not a core OpenGL library, but a widely distributed toolkit that's used for most of the example programs. Ldglite uses this extensively to open the window, get the (...) (22 years ago, 13-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  LDGLite and XFree86 4.2?

I use a Linux system where I do not have system administrator rights, but I would still like to compile and use LDGLite on it. My problem is that the system has XFree86 version 4.2 installed, and the names of some of the OpenGL/Mesa files seem to (...) (22 years ago, 13-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Detemining Bad Vertex Sequence

(...) Yes - "Poll, silent update" - that's the option - it refreshes for me (400Mhz Celeron) every one to two seconds. Not sure if you can control the poll frequency, though. Lars, can you answer this? Chris (22 years ago, 13-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Detemining Bad Vertex Sequence

(...) Thanks... I am having trouble with these instructions, maybe I'm not running the right versions of things? I have LDAO 2.1.8 and L3Lab 1.2. I'm not sure what the autofresh option is... when I launch LDAO editor on my part, I set the viewer to (...) (22 years ago, 13-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Preview of a new ldraw editor "sort of"

(...) (22 years ago, 12-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Preview of a new ldraw editor "sort of"

I decided to release a preview on what I'm making so far is called edraw is a new editor for making LDR files with a new system powered by ldglite it uses ldglite's off-screen system so is not real time but I belive it will allow PC's with litle (...) (22 years ago, 12-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Ldglite sourcing STDIN not working under Windows 2000?

(...) I suppose that's as good a reason as any. Actually It's kinda neat to finally find a compelling reason for the single pass, render as you go, ldlite parser. Pipes are just too cool! On the other hand, the user won't be able to spin the model (...) (22 years ago, 12-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Ldglite sourcing STDIN not working under Windows 2000?

(...) Hmm. Supplying '--' does make a difference, but only in the error messages I get. :) (...) I was going to poke around with making a utility that would give the user a file polygon-by-polygon, and have them respond with whether the winding was (...) (22 years ago, 12-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Ldglite sourcing STDIN not working under Windows 2000?

(...) Well I suppose I could say the problem is on the side of the keyboard where your chair is, but that wouldn't be completely true. According to the readme.txt file you need to give ldglite the -- command line option to use stdin. However I'm (...) (22 years ago, 12-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Ldglite sourcing STDIN not working under Windows 2000?

Has anyone gotten the Windows version of ldglite to read from standard input? When I do something like: type \ldraw\parts\3001.dat | ldglite I expect ldglite to render a 2x4 brick. Instead, ldglite reports that it can't find file " ". Anyone have (...) (22 years ago, 12-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Detemining Bad Vertex Sequence

(...) Right. There are definitely situations in ldraw parts that won't fit the nice all-polygons-in-a-mesh model. That's why I said that auto-rewind should be an 'option'. Meaning, the user can turn it off. Although for a part to be BFC compliant, (...) (22 years ago, 12-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Detemining Bad Vertex Sequence

(...) Well, my program does exactly this when it finds the correct winding of one polygon. (...) Well, I remember this thread, where Leonardo said that it created such a program: (URL) It's a long and old thread, so, search for the word "green" two (...) (22 years ago, 12-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Detemining Bad Vertex Sequence

(...) I'm not so sure this is completely true because we allow overlapping and intersecting polygons. In fact, there is nothing which prevents a single polygon face from being partly on the outside and partly on the inside. You can't automagically (...) (22 years ago, 12-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Detemining Bad Vertex Sequence

(...) What would be especially good is if there was an option to test and flip adjacent polygons. Once the winding of one polygon is known, adjacent polygons can be automatically wound correctly. So you click one red polygon, and all the polygons (...) (22 years ago, 12-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Detemining Bad Vertex Sequence

(...) I use LDAO in combination with L3Lab. - Ensure your dat file has a "0 BFC CERTIFY CW" - Set the "stop at cursor" option in the LDAO editor. - Set the mytest6 and autofresh options L3Lab (and leave the BFC option on) - Step through the file in (...) (22 years ago, 12-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Detemining Bad Vertex Sequence

(...) I would like to identify if a much simpler program exists... given a red/green render like L3Lab mytest6 can produce and a way to tell which quad/tri goes with which render, let me point at a quad/tri and just reverse the order of the vertices (...) (22 years ago, 12-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Detemining Bad Vertex Sequence

(...) Are you talking about the algorithm or the program? If you are talking about the algorithm, you are right! Determining the bad vertex sequence isn't the problem of my program because I have only to run it in the beginning, and only for each (...) (22 years ago, 11-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Detemining Bad Vertex Sequence

(...) Does it need to be any faster? (22 years ago, 11-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Detemining Bad Vertex Sequence

Hi, I've created a program to automaticaly BFC certify ldraw parts. Before release this program, I need to make more tests and improve its performace. Two things that I must fix before trying to certify any part, is correct the bad vertex sequence (...) (22 years ago, 11-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Autoroute!=Towing, right?

(...) In Denmark it would be "Motorvej" meaning limited to vehichels driving at a higher speed than 60 km/hour (no tractors, no mopeds, no bicycles), and where there are no crossing roads (thus the bridge, indicating crossing roads are at another (...) (22 years ago, 11-Sep-02, to lugnet.db.brictionary, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Autoroute!=Towing, right?

(...) In australia, we would probobly call this thing a highway (22 years ago, 10-Sep-02, to lugnet.db.brictionary, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Autoroute!=Towing, right?

(...) Sorry, I misinterpretted the pattern - I thought it was a variation of the general icon, not the actual icon itself. (...) Good point. (...) But this 4215a hasn't been modeled in LDraw, right? (...) Good question. Steve (22 years ago, 10-Sep-02, to lugnet.db.brictionary, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Autoroute!=Towing, right?

(...) "Motorway" is a British term, but I think its meaning is pretty obvious. (...) In California at least, any public road is a highway, even a residential street. Legally, that is. Colloquially it is reserved for interurban roads. But they might (...) (22 years ago, 10-Sep-02, to lugnet.db.brictionary, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: New tool for making minifigs

"Orion Pobursky" <bilthefish@IHATESPAMyahoo.com> skrev i meddelandet news:H2529w.7Jx@lugnet.com... (...) it (...) Hmm, let's see, looking through the source and guessing... Make sure you have stub.pas, ytab.pas, ldliteVRh.pas, ldliteVR_main.pas and (...) (22 years ago, 10-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Autoroute!=Towing, right?

"Chris Dee" <chris_w_dee@hotmail.com> skrev i meddelandet news:H26pME.93C@lugnet.com... (...) in (...) US (...) suspect. (...) Don't know about Danish, but in Swedish it's called "Motorväg", that's a straight translation of "Motorway". "Highway" (...) (22 years ago, 9-Sep-02, to lugnet.db.brictionary, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: dragNdrop (Was: Ldglite must be faster)

I don't exactly have an algorithm for "spread out parts", all I really have done is to find an empty spot when dropping one part. Along a line collect up the intersection of all bounding boxes of other parts; find an interval that your part fits (...) (22 years ago, 10-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: dragNdrop (Was: Ldglite must be faster)

(...) OK, I got multiline paste to work, but it just dumps them all in the same spot for now. I also experimented with pasting in a peeron inventory with quantity and all, but the part numbers don't always match up and the colornames definitely (...) (22 years ago, 10-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Autoroute!=Towing, right?

(...) (URL)and (...) (URL)the same? They look like it, but they have dramatically different (...) Minifig Torso with Autoroute Pattern[2] (...) Hose Reel 2 x 4 x 2 Holder with tow logo pattern[3] (...) No idea why 4209p05, but it predates the Torso (...) (22 years ago, 9-Sep-02, to lugnet.db.brictionary, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: dragNdrop (Was: Ldglite must be faster)

(...) I examined the source (aren't you glad you posted it) and now I can drag in a part from LDList (cool!), but I'm still not sure about the rest of the 'protocol'. What's the point of the X and Y coordinates? And is it the empty message that (...) (22 years ago, 9-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: My latest idea / project

How can I replace a numbe in a selected line of a Tlisbox? For example the second number? 1 4 0 -72 0 so that the user select a color and the it copys the same selected line of before and it does for example 1 4 0 -72 0 replace 4 for 15 1 15 0 -72 0 (...) (22 years ago, 9-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: My latest idea / project

(...) I think you should try learning the math. Why don't you give it a chance? Someday you'll be glad you did. I know I am. (22 years ago, 9-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: My latest idea / project

(...) Personally, I found that reading the LDraw FAQ and the comp.graphics.algorithms FAQ was very useful. The latter can be found at: (URL) has a large section on 3D graphics, and lots of references. Fredrik (22 years ago, 9-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: My latest idea / project

(...) Then for get it I'm not going to learn maths. But what about if I make a gui design of the app and I comment it all on what I need and you code it? (...) (22 years ago, 9-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: My latest idea / project

(...) [snip] (...) Have you had a trigonometry course yet? If not, a quick search of the internet turns up plenty of links. This one looks easy enough. (URL) you'll probably need to read up on matrix math. (URL) then finally it's on to (...) (22 years ago, 9-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  programmer(s) help needed

Hi, Is anybody intrested in developing a Postscript to LDR converter? Files saved als Adobe Illustrator 1.1 contain fairly basic PS and can (when using 3 and 4 pont polygons) easily be converted in a LDR file. I have the knowledge of both PS and LDR (...) (22 years ago, 9-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  My latest idea / project

Hello, I'm working on something called "edraw" for now if you all don't like the name I'll change it but for alpha previews will be called edraw and for final release will be called somthing else. What is it? Well is going to be a mix of ledit and (...) (22 years ago, 9-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: New tool for making minifigs

(...) OK, I've downloaded the source. I took a loo and I've mostly figured out it works but could you explain how I incorporate this into my current form? -Orion (22 years ago, 8-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

"Orion Pobursky" <bilthefish@IHATESPAMyahoo.com> skrev i meddelandet news:H238s8.5IJ@lugnet.com... (...) This is the main part of LDList :-) The source is up at (URL) but beware, the original code is old (ldlite 0.9 or so), and there *are* some (...) (22 years ago, 8-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: New tool for making minifigs

(...) I know, but I never got around to compile LDGLite myself with that feature activated. And now I have simply copied "/home/dheyse/ldglit...e/ldglite" to "/usr/local/bin/", so I can use your latest version. :-) Play well, Jacob (22 years ago, 8-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: New tool for making minifigs

(...) I'm looking for something like a Timage component but instead of loading bmp that it loads dat or ldr but I think for now it will do this off screen system. Play well (...) (22 years ago, 8-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: New tool for making minifigs

(...) Hey, what's with the "supposedly" stuff! I believe parts tracker is already using that feature on ldraw.org. :^) But anyhow, I'm not sure offscreen rendering is what Eduardo is looking for. What about borrowing some code from LDList? It's (...) (22 years ago, 8-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: New tool for making minifigs

(...) You could use LDGLite. It can supposedly (I have never managed to get it to work) render a LDraw file off-screen directly to a BMP or PNG file. (...) I expect something like: winexec("ldglite -q -mS model.dat"); will work, but you should read (...) (22 years ago, 8-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: New tool for making minifigs

How do you make your Delphi apps that can show you a preview of what you a building or making in dat format? I tryed with something like winexec(ldraw model.dat -ms) but is not good as it runs ldraw and changes screen to full 320 x 240 and then back (...) (22 years ago, 8-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Post-processing huge [POV] text files in Delphi

(...) Now that you mention it, I remeber you said that when we met at your home. Is there really any point trying to teach me something? :o) (...) In a way, that makes sense. Many POV statement span over multiple lines. (...) I'm having a look at it (...) (22 years ago, 8-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: New tool for making minifigs

(...) I'm making a similar program but it's a plugin for LDDesignPad. Here's a couple of thing I'm incorporating: - Neckwear and footwear - Custom rotation of the indiviual parts - Possibly a picture preview, similar to my DAT curves plugin. Here's (...) (22 years ago, 7-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

"Tore Eriksson" <tore.eriksson@mbox3...wipnet.se> skrev i meddelandet news:H22M7n.J3D@lugnet.com... (...) when (...) only (...) into?). My first attempt would be to use a TStringList: with TStringList.Create do try LoadFromFile(...) ; {edit the (...) (22 years ago, 7-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Post-processing huge [POV] text files in Delphi

(...) They are (at least in practice) standard Unix commands. You can probably find binaries for your favourite operating system somewhere on the net. Play well, Jacob (22 years ago, 7-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Post-processing huge [POV] text files in Delphi

(...) WinScript? POV??? /Tore (For very simple stuff like unconditionally adding a line in the beginning or end of a file, I use the 'Copy' command in DOS.) (22 years ago, 7-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Post-processing huge [POV] text files in Delphi

Thanks Roland! I think that's exactly what I was looking for. Sometimes I wish there were a dictionary or cross-reference for people that know what a keyword is named in one programming language. Pressing F1 is a good thing - but only when you know (...) (22 years ago, 7-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Post-processing huge [POV] text files in Delphi

(...) Have you considered using `diff` and `patch` to handle this? l3p ... model.pov cp model.pov model-modified.pov $EDITOR model-modified.pov diff -u model.pov model-modified.pov model.patch ... l3p ... model.pov cp model.pov model-modified.pov (...) (22 years ago, 7-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  New tool for making minifigs

I made a preview of a minifig maker called Ldraw Minifig Factory here (URL) the screenshot I want to know what you all think of it before I code it. Just forgot to let you know all that I just got a laptop an IBM 770z the only problem is that it (...) (22 years ago, 7-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Post-processing huge [POV] text files in Delphi

You could use the 'text' type and process the reading and writing line by line manly insteat by using tstringlist, I asume. quick code for quick copy: var infile, outfile: text; line: string; assignfile(infile, 'bigfile.pov'); reset(infile); (...) (22 years ago, 7-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Post-processing huge [POV] text files in Delphi

Very often, I have just changed a little detail in a model converted to POV by L3P. Then after I run the model through L3P again, I have to manually set all the modifications not handled by L3P arguments again. I try to make a utility program to fix (...) (22 years ago, 7-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Delphi and ldraw

"Eduardo Vazquez Harte" <eduvazhar@terra.es> skrev i meddelandet news:H1yu3w.AKw@lugnet.com... (...) You can't. Period. Windows doesn't virtualize DOS graphics, only the DOS text screen. (It was possible in OS/2, but there are many other things (...) (22 years ago, 5-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Delphi and ldraw

I try 2 ways more I can't do it. (...) (22 years ago, 5-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Delphi and ldraw

(...) I don't think you can avoid the full screen with LDRAW. It's a fullscreen DOS program, which means Windows turns over the entire VGA hardware to LDRAW when it's running. If you don't want to use the fullscreen, you'll have to use a program (...) (22 years ago, 5-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Delphi and ldraw

How can't I run avoiding ldraw to run in full screen? I'm using delphi 6 this is what I use to test WinExec(pchar('C:\le...draw\ldraw car.dat -MS '), SW_SHOW); (22 years ago, 5-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  What about another Ldraw CAD tool but in delphi?

I whould like if possible to make my own CAD software like Ledit but for windows3.x/9x/NT/2K/XP but without using openGL or any hardware or direct X something like the way Ledit draws them and without using mouse but for windows small no power (...) (22 years ago, 1-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: ** QUAD2DAT ** version 0.9.4 released **

(...) I believe either LDDesignPad or LDraw Add-On will work for you. In LDAO, I'd open your file in the text editor. The first time you use the editor, you'll want to go into the editor's Options | Viewer Settings menu, and select which viewer to (...) (22 years ago, 31-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: ** QUAD2DAT ** version 0.9.4 released **

(...) Although I got MLCad to do it for me, this is good advice as I don't like what else it did to the file. Can you recommend a good inliner that runs in Win2K and is suitable for novice use? Thanks! (22 years ago, 31-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: ** QUAD2DAT ** version 0.9.4 released **

(...) Actually, if you go to the Quad2DAT website you'll find the v0.9.5 executable available for download. (The version number is in the fine print below the download link.) -Orion (22 years ago, 30-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: ** QUAD2DAT ** version 0.9.4 released **

(...) I guess it depends. Did Chris ask you to keep the file secret? Generally, my feeling is that you should hold onto the file, unless Chris specifically told you it was OK to pass it around. Steve (22 years ago, 30-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: ** QUAD2DAT ** version 0.9.4 released **

(...) a while back when Chris helped us with quad2dat stuff he gave us (me and george) an early v 0.9.5 its not my decition to let it out, so what does everyone think? i havent seen chris in a while, so shouldthe file be shared? (22 years ago, 30-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: ** QUAD2DAT ** version 0.9.4 released **  [DAT]

(...) You should be able to fix it by creating another file that references your file using a mirror matrix, and then inline that part with an inliner tool. So, for instance, if your part is x123.dat, you would create a file called mirror.dat with (...) (22 years ago, 30-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: ** QUAD2DAT ** version 0.9.4 released **

(...) OK, this isn't because of the "rotation" of the parts, it's because MLCad is inserting bogus commands at the top of the file 0 ROTATION CENTER 0 0 0 1 "Custom" 0 ROTATION CONFIG 0 0 It also is changing the value of the filename (removing the (...) (22 years ago, 30-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: ** QUAD2DAT ** version 0.9.4 released **

(...) Hi Lar, If it's a rotate rather than a mirror, you can use the LDAO editor to quickly rotate it. This actually rotates the matrix rather than adding a ROTATE. LDAO can also do a mirror, but it's a bit more fiddling around IIRC, and I'd have to (...) (22 years ago, 30-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: ** QUAD2DAT ** version 0.9.4 released **

I like this program a lot. I have a number of features/suggestions to add, is it still in active development. However I have one problem that I need help with from the user community. It seems that there is a rotation being inserted somewhere... I (...) (22 years ago, 30-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Portable Ldraw system "Laptop"

(...) I started with my 3th PC 'desktop' a compaq presario with 32MB of ram with a AMD with 233mhz and man I learn patience it was fun. The idea is to get a laptop and not a powerfull one with a nice price and nice system for ldraw. I'll have to (...) (22 years ago, 29-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Portable Ldraw system "Laptop"

(...) [snip] (...) [snip] Eduardo, That should be more than enough power. I was using a 200MHz laptop w/ 80MB RAM the first year I got into LDraw and was able to do nice renders w/o problems. The key is patience. I've since ended up w/ a 400Mhz (...) (22 years ago, 29-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Portable Ldraw system "Laptop"

I'll be buying an IBM 7708 Pentium II with 366mhz 128 MB of RAM 12GB of hard disk 14" TFT 'screen I think' CD - ROM disk unit Modem I need to see a screenshot of the IBM 7708 laptop. I believe that is enought for working with ldraw, mlcad, l3p, (...) (22 years ago, 29-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact