 CAD / Development / 7821
Re: Detemining Bad Vertex Sequence
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Thu, 12 Sep 2002 16:45:02 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Steve Bliss writes:
In lugnet.cad.dev, Larry Pieniazek wrote:

In lugnet.cad.dev, Ildefonso Junior Zanette writes:
Hi,

I've created a program to automaticaly BFC certify ldraw parts. Before
release this program, I need to make more tests and improve its performace.

I would like to identify if a much simpler program exists... given a
red/green render like L3Lab mytest6 can produce and a way to tell which
quad/tri goes with which render, let me point at a quad/tri and just reverse
the order of the vertices (change the winding, that is) the user would go
around shooting all "red" polys until the entire part was green.

What would be especially good is if there was an option to test and flip
adjacent polygons.  Once the winding of one polygon is known, adjacent
polygons can be automatically wound correctly.

  Well, my program does exactly this when it finds the correct winding of one
polygon.

So you click one red
polygon, and all the polygons around resettle themselves.  Greenies stay
green, and reds turn green. :)

Yes, I think there is such a program.  Or rather, there *was* such a
program.  Or maybe maybe my memory is going on me.  I seem to remember a
program that would automatically fix polygons, then allow you to adjust
any of them manually.  But I don't remember where that was, or who wrote
it, or where it might be now. :(

  Well, I remember this thread, where Leonardo said that it created such a
program: http://news.lugnet.com/cad/dev/?n=2919
  It's a long and old thread, so, search for the word "green" two times to find
the section that I'm referring to.
  Is this the program that you are talking about?

play well,

zanette.

PS: Steve, did you receive the primitives that I've sent to you?

PS2: Does anyone want to help me to test this program? The only requirements
are to know how to use the mytest6 in L3Lab and have patience. If you want to
help me, send a message to i.z@uol.com.br and I will send the program to you.