 CAD / Development / 7817
Re: Detemining Bad Vertex Sequence
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Thu, 12 Sep 2002 03:26:47 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Ildefonso Junior Zanette writes:
Hi,

I've created a program to automaticaly BFC certify ldraw parts. Before
release this program, I need to make more tests and improve its performace.

I would like to identify if a much simpler program exists... given a
red/green render like L3Lab mytest6 can produce and a way to tell which
quad/tri goes with which render, let me point at a quad/tri and just reverse
the order of the vertices (change the winding, that is) the user would go
around shooting all "red" polys until the entire part was green.

Quad2Dat produces surfaces without trying to decide what winding to use, I
guess.

Does anyone know if such a program as I described actually exists?

thanks!