 CAD / Development / 7832
Re: LDGLite and XFree86 4.2?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Fri, 13 Sep 2002 12:39:59 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Jacob Sparre Andersen writes:
I use a Linux system where I do not have system administrator
rights, but I would still like to compile and use LDGLite on
it.  My problem is that the system has XFree86 version 4.2
installed, and the names of some of the OpenGL/Mesa files
seem to have been changed from previous versions.

Ane here is the error message I get, when I try to compile
LDGLite (using `make -f makefile.linux`):

gcc -g -DUNIX -DUSE_OPENGL -DUSE_L3_PARSER -DUSE_BMP8 -DNEED_MIN_MAX -DUSE_PNG
-DTILE_RENDER_OPTION -DOSMESA_OPTION    -c -o gleps.o gleps.c
gleps.c:20:21: GL/glut.h: No such file or directory
gmake: *** [gleps.o] Error 1

I explored the problem a little bit, and it seems that one
thing that has disappeared from the Mesa header files is
the identifier "GLUT_ACTIVE_CTRL" (substituting "glut.h"
with "glu.h" seemed to solve the immediate problem).

That's not going to do it.  You seem to be missing the glut library
which is not a core OpenGL library, but a widely distributed toolkit
that's used for most of the example programs.  Ldglite uses this
extensively to open the window, get the keystrokes, and other stuff
that OpenGl doesn't do for you, so you're going to need it.  It comes
in the other MESA package.  I forget the name, err, maybe the developer
package?  You could probably build glut yourself and link it staticly.
I did this once upon a time when I thought distributing linux binaries
might work.

Good luck,

Don