 CAD / Development / 7834
Re: LDGLite and XFree86 4.2?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Fri, 13 Sep 2002 13:09:23 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Don Heyse wrote:
In lugnet.cad.dev, Jacob Sparre Andersen writes:

I explored the problem a little bit, and it seems that one
thing that has disappeared from the Mesa header files is
the identifier "GLUT_ACTIVE_CTRL" (substituting "glut.h"
with "glu.h" seemed to solve the immediate problem).

That's not going to do it.  You seem to be missing the glut library
which is not a core OpenGL library, but a widely distributed toolkit
that's used for most of the example programs.  Ldglite uses this
extensively to open the window, get the keystrokes, and other stuff
that OpenGl doesn't do for you, so you're going to need it.  It comes
in the other MESA package.  I forget the name, err, maybe the developer
package?

XFree86-devel is already installed.

You could probably build glut yourself and link it staticly.

I will see if I can get that to work, but I would expect it to be
rather closely tied to the rest of the XFree86-package.

Play well,

Jacob
--
Bregnerod (a LEGO town):