 CAD / Development / 7831
7830  |  7832
Subject:
LDGLite and XFree86 4.2?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Fri, 13 Sep 2002 12:07:54 GMT

I use a Linux system where I do not have system administrator
rights, but I would still like to compile and use LDGLite on
it.  My problem is that the system has XFree86 version 4.2
installed, and the names of some of the OpenGL/Mesa files
seem to have been changed from previous versions.

Here is the list of header files I suspect are for Mesa:

/usr/include/GL/GLwDrawA.h
/usr/include/GL/GLwDrawAP.h
/usr/include/GL/GLwMDrawA.h
/usr/include/GL/GLwMDrawAP.h
/usr/include/GL/gl.h
/usr/include/GL/glext.h
/usr/include/GL/glu.h
/usr/include/GL/glx.h
/usr/include/GL/glxint.h
/usr/include/GL/glxmd.h
/usr/include/GL/glxproto.h
/usr/include/GL/glxtokens.h
/usr/include/GL/osmesa.h

Ane here is the error message I get, when I try to compile
LDGLite (using `make -f makefile.linux`):

gcc -g -DUNIX -DUSE_OPENGL -DUSE_L3_PARSER -DUSE_BMP8 -DNEED_MIN_MAX -DUSE_PNG
-DTILE_RENDER_OPTION -DOSMESA_OPTION    -c -o gleps.o gleps.c
gleps.c:20:21: GL/glut.h: No such file or directory
gmake: *** [gleps.o] Error 1

I explored the problem a little bit, and it seems that one
thing that has disappeared from the Mesa header files is
the identifier "GLUT_ACTIVE_CTRL" (substituting "glut.h"
with "glu.h" seemed to solve the immediate problem).

Play well,

Jacob
--
Houses by Katrine, Caroline and Jacob: