 CAD / Development / 7783
Re: Post-processing huge [POV] text files in Delphi
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Sat, 7 Sep 2002 16:00:49 GMT

Tore Eriksson wrote:

Very often, I have just changed a little detail in a model converted to POV
by L3P. Then after I run the model through L3P again, I have to manually set
all the modifications not handled by L3P arguments again.

Have you considered using `diff` and `patch` to handle this?

   l3p ... model.pov
   cp model.pov model-modified.pov
   $EDITOR model-modified.pov
   diff -u model.pov model-modified.pov model.patch
   l3p ... model.pov
   cp model.pov model-modified.pov
   patch model-modified.pov < model.patch

(if I recall the exact syntax for using `patch` correctly)

Play well,

Jacob
--
Getting started with LEGO CAD on Linux: