 CAD / Development / 7789
Re: Post-processing huge [POV] text files in Delphi
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Sun, 8 Sep 2002 01:58:47 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Anders Isaksson writes:

I use this method for all sizes of files, and have never been bitten by a
size limit. Of course, you shouldn't try it on files bigger than available
RAM, as it will get quite slow (but still works up to the size of your
virtual memory). The 32k(64k) limit occurs only when reading directly to a
Windows control (ListBox, Memo, etc).

Now that you mention it, I remeber you said that when we met at your home.
Is there really any point trying to teach me something? :o)

You can also read the whole file into *one* string! And then work like the
two-file case, but on two strings in memory.

In a way, that makes sense. Many POV statement span over multiple lines.

OTOH, perhaps a string processing language like AWK would be better suited
for your purpose?

I'm having a look at it right now.

--
Anders Isaksson, Sweden