 CAD / Development / 10662 (-100)
  Re: Bug in current version of LDList

I first replied almost three hours ago, but for some reason e-mail authentication never got this posted. I had to send it again and authenticate on the web page to get the message to appear?? FUT: lugnet.admin.general (...) (17 years ago, 22-Aug-07, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Bug in current version of LDList

(...) I think this newsgroup is a good place. (17 years ago, 22-Aug-07, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Portable MPD Submodel Names

Bricksmith and LDView accept descriptive submodel names containing spaces, punctuation, and no file extension. However, I have been given the impression that MPD files containing submodel names like these can be problematic for MLCad and other tools (...) (17 years ago, 22-Aug-07, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Bug in current version of LDList

(...) I would report bugs to the developer. I see an email address at the bottom of the page at (URL) and on the LDraw.org listing at (URL) the other hand, if your bug report contains any interim solutions for working around the bug, I would (...) (17 years ago, 22-Aug-07, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Bug in current version of LDList

Where should I report a bug in LDList v4.1? Or is there a database of existing bugs for any of the LDraw family of apps? Rob (17 years ago, 22-Aug-07, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Brickshelf Upload Utility

I've been working on a Brickshelf upload utility similar to (URL) Flickr Uploadr>. It helps streamline the process of zipping a bunch of files and navigating to or creating the appropriate folder to upload them. These screenshots are of a scruffy (...) (17 years ago, 30-Jul-07, to lugnet.publish, lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  Re: Search path question

(...) Hi Roland, Thanks for the input. Has anyone else implemented the mechanism the way Roland has? Kevin (17 years ago, 13-Jul-07, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Search path question

(...) The way I understand the file handeling system, this should not load. Because every file's references must be handled relative from the file being loaded (not to the main file). So calling sub/sub2.ldr from sub/sub1.ldr will look at (...) (17 years ago, 13-Jul-07, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Search path question

(...) I would also lean towards always requiring the subdirectory, but am open to argument the other way. ROSCO (17 years ago, 12-Jul-07, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Search path question

(...) I know that LPub would only know where to find sub2 if it was specified as sub/sub2.ldr. I think if there only being only one current working directory which is the directory where you've placed your top level model file. (...) This seems the (...) (17 years ago, 12-Jul-07, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Search path question

I just noticed some unexpected behavior in LDView, and I wanted to ask here whether or not the behavior was right. Suppose you have the following files: TestModel.ldr Sub/Sub1.ldr Sub/Sub2.ldr TestModel.ldr contains a reference to Sub/Sub1.ldr. When (...) (17 years ago, 12-Jul-07, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  LDLink: reversibly merge part libraries

Hi, folks. After reading some of the recent posts discussing support for unofficial parts and part directories, I decided to release this script I wrote to help manage the unofficial parts I use. I keep my unofficial parts in a parallel part library (...) (17 years ago, 11-Jul-07, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Convention for directoried for unofficial parts?

(...) The following files in LDView's source tree contain the LDrawIni stuff: LDLoader/LDrawIni.c LDLoader/LDrawIni.h LDLoader/LDrawInP.h There's a #include <TCFoundation/TCDefines.h> near the top of LDrawIni.c. You can delete that; the only reason (...) (17 years ago, 10-Jul-07, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Convention for directoried for unofficial parts?

(...) I'm using Qt, and LPub is under GPL, so this sounds perfect. I'm all for standardization, so this sounds great. (...) I'm not looking to judge or criticize anyone. All of our programming efforts are works in progress, so these self analysis' (...) (17 years ago, 10-Jul-07, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Convention for directoried for unofficial parts?

(...) I agree (which is why I voted yes on the other proposal, although it's not an exact match for what you're asking for). Having said that, Lars did offer the INI parsing code, and since it's already in LDView (which is under GPL), anyone who (...) (17 years ago, 10-Jul-07, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Convention for directoried for unofficial parts?

(...) That makes sense to me too. Based on the coincidental informal convention already used by LDView and Bricksmith, I suggest $LDRAWDIR/Unofficial as the default unofficial parts directory. It is structured like the regular LDraw directory with (...) (17 years ago, 9-Jul-07, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Dear LSC, was: LDrawIni API (was: LDRAWPREDIRS LDRAWPOSTDIRS - additional search paths)

(...) That's because the LSC voted against it. Took me a while to find the discussion as well - and I knew it was out there! (URL) (17 years ago, 9-Jul-07, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Convention for directoried for unofficial parts?

(...) Get the best of both worlds and do both. Check for the environment variable and if it is blank (or non-existant) default it to a "known" sub-directory. W (17 years ago, 9-Jul-07, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Convention for directories for unofficial parts?

To all developers, The LSC does not want to specify how unofficial parts are handled. Personally if find the recommendation that we pull down individual unofficial parts into the same directory as our LDraw file a hassle. Would the group prefer (...) (17 years ago, 9-Jul-07, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Convention for directoried for unofficial parts?

To all developers, The LSC does not want to specify how unofficial parts are handled. Personally if find the recommendation that we pull down individual unofficial parts into the same directory as our LDraw file a hassle. Would the group prefer (...) (17 years ago, 9-Jul-07, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Dear LSC, was: LDrawIni API (was: LDRAWPREDIRS LDRAWPOSTDIRS - additional search paths)

----- Original Message ----- From: "Kevin L. Clague" <kevin_clague@yahoo.com> To: <lugnet.cad.dev@lugnet.com> Sent: Monday, July 09, 2007 5:56 PM Subject: Dear LSC, was: LDrawIni API (was: LDRAWPREDIRS LDRAWPOSTDIRS - additional search paths) (...) (...) (17 years ago, 9-Jul-07, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Dear LSC, was: LDrawIni API (was: LDRAWPREDIRS LDRAWPOSTDIRS - additional search paths)

(...) Dear LSC, I examined the LDraw website and was unable to find formalization for the support of optional part paths. I'm updating LPub and would like to include support for this concept of alternate paths for LDraw parts. The PRE and POST (...) (17 years ago, 9-Jul-07, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Change to existing policy on embedding POV-Ray code in Official Files

(...) Hello All, First I am no part designer but reading through this discussion I got an idea that might be interesting to share. First I think Orion is right with his stand to not allow povcode because of the 'why only pov-ray' argument. So I was (...) (17 years ago, 2-Jul-07, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Change to existing policy on embedding POV-Ray code in Official Files

(...) Since I've contributed exactly two official parts to the LDraw library (neither of them with inlined POV-Ray code), I'm sure that my opinion carries more weight than anyone's on the subject... :) For some time it has been argued that the use (...) (17 years ago, 2-Jul-07, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Change to existing policy on embedding POV-Ray code in Official Files

(...) I'd _like_ to see a meta-language for basic shapes defined in their primitives (the current naming system would be fine if it was consistent) as that could be used in converter software of all hues. I also realise this isn't likely to happen (...) (17 years ago, 1-Jul-07, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Change to existing policy on embedding POV-Ray code in Official Files

(...) At the risk of reigniting this argument, I still hold to the original reasons for disallowing EmPOV: - The POV-RAY SDL is not under the control of the LSC. This means that if the POV-Ray Team decides to depreciate a command (which they have (...) (17 years ago, 1-Jul-07, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Change to existing policy on embedding POV-Ray code in Official Files

(...) Lars has already been implementing that support since... what year? 2004? Probably even longer. I may would have joined it, but it didn't work then and I still can't get it to work now, 3½ years later. (tried testdoc.pov) And, like I said, (...) (17 years ago, 1-Jul-07, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: New OpenGL based Lego Editor

(...) I second this request. I'm working on LPub 4 and it will have internationalization capabilities. We're using Qt under Visual Studio as the basis for this development for three reasons: 1. Linguistics support for translations into languages (...) (17 years ago, 13-Jun-07, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  LD4DStudio site launch

Hi all, My new animation software is nearing the beta stage (I'm targeting september for this). I finally made up my mind about it's name. It will be called LD4DStudio, it is a direct evolutionary / revolutionary :) descendent of LD4DModeler. But it (...) (17 years ago, 13-Jun-07, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad, lugnet.animation)

  Re: Linetrim, a LDraw line trimmer utility

(...) Thanks, Willy. Corrected. Philo (17 years ago, 13-Jun-07, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Linetrim, a LDraw line trimmer utility

(...) The requested URL /isecalc/Linetrimpackage.zip was not found on this server. w. (17 years ago, 13-Jun-07, to lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  Re: New OpenGL based Lego Editor

(...) I agree with Jim and would say that LDraw.org always welcomes talented people. If you are going to write a new editor I suggest to support right from the start the possibility to translate the interface in other languages without the need to (...) (17 years ago, 12-Jun-07, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: LPub DPI control?

(...) Sorry. No not yet. Kevin (17 years ago, 12-Jun-07, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: New OpenGL based Lego Editor

(...) Bricksmith and LDView both use OpenGL, as far as I can tell. Of course, Bricksmith is only available on the Mac and LDView is a viewer, not an editor, but they are both excellent applications (I use them regularly). They are being actively (...) (17 years ago, 12-Jun-07, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  New OpenGL based Lego Editor

Hello all, I was wondering if there is any development in the way of building a new Lego editor, based on OpenGL (OpenGL=Video card display driver software)))? If so please let me know. If not, then I would like to know if there are any interests (...) (17 years ago, 12-Jun-07, to lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  Re: Linetrim, a LDraw line trimmer utility

(...) Actually this already exists as the External Programs feature of LDDP. -Orion (17 years ago, 11-Jun-07, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Linetrim, a LDraw line trimmer utility

(...) Would it be useful to create a generic LDDP plugin? Say one that simply executes a command line that appears in an ldraw style meta command like this: 0 LDDP_EXECUTE linetrim input1.ldr input2.ldr output.ldr Then you'd just put linetrim.exe (...) (17 years ago, 11-Jun-07, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: What happend to edger? (Was Re: Linetrim, a LDraw line trimmer utility)

(...) you've got mail. w. (17 years ago, 11-Jun-07, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: What happend to edger? (Was Re: Linetrim, a LDraw line trimmer utility)

(...) this is good news indeed! my wishlist for LDDP is still up ;-) (URL) w. (17 years ago, 11-Jun-07, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: What happend to edger? (Was Re: Linetrim, a LDraw line trimmer utility)

(...) No, I was just typing without thinking -Orion (17 years ago, 10-Jun-07, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: What happend to edger? (Was Re: Linetrim, a LDraw line trimmer utility)

(...) The extra versatility is a good thing, but Unicode shouldn't be at all useful for LDDP since ldraw files aren't (and can't) be Unicode. Am I missing something? --Travis (17 years ago, 10-Jun-07, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: What happend to edger? (Was Re: Linetrim, a LDraw line trimmer utility)

(...) Where do I find Edger? looks like this page disappeared: (URL) I was thinking of writing such a program, but if it's already written... Philo (17 years ago, 10-Jun-07, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: What happend to edger? (Was Re: Linetrim, a LDraw line trimmer utility)

(...) LDDP is going through a major change right now. I'm trying out a new editor control which seems to be more versatile and supports unicode. The sticking point right now is writing the code for the syntax highlighter. Once that's done, I'll (...) (17 years ago, 10-Jun-07, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  What happend to edger? (Was Re: Linetrim, a LDraw line trimmer utility)

(...) since we are talking about LDDP plug-ins. are there any news on this: (URL) lee? also "Edger" would be a fantastic plug-in! w. (17 years ago, 10-Jun-07, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Linetrim, a LDraw line trimmer utility

Hi Orion, (...) They will... Would you do the adaptation? That would be great! Philo (17 years ago, 10-Jun-07, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Linetrim, a LDraw line trimmer utility

(...) These are relatively simple programs code wise so as long as your sources stay available, both these programs can be ported to LDDP plugins with relative ease. -Orion (17 years ago, 10-Jun-07, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Linetrim, a LDraw line trimmer utility

(...) Oops, sorry, I was not aware of that! I'll remove my page as soon as possible ;o) (...) Problem is that I'm no programmer either. For very low level, crude programs it's enough but I don't feel up to the task to do that integration. But I (...) (17 years ago, 10-Jun-07, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Linetrim, a LDraw line trimmer utility

(...) philo, you're making part authoring a piece of cake! that's not what's all about: authors have to suffer while making parts, have to loose themselves in maths and calculations, so please stop forging this kind of tools ;-D cheee...eeers, w. (...) (17 years ago, 9-Jun-07, to lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  Linetrim, a LDraw line trimmer utility

(2 URLs) Linetrim> utility, intended for LDraw parts authors, crops lines sticking out of polygons. Lines to be trimmed and triangles/quads against which they are cropped are provided to the utility as separate LDraw files. A third file containing (...) (17 years ago, 9-Jun-07, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  Re: Isecalc online

(...) Link to online tool added to Isecalc webpage... Philo (17 years ago, 7-Jun-07, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Isecalc online

(...) Sure it's OK! very nicely done!!! (...) Linux users who don't want to bother compiling the tool? Philo (17 years ago, 7-Jun-07, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Isecalc online

(...) I have taken the liberty of creating a very simple online interface for this utility. You upload the two input files and click a button to download the output. It's very similar to what I did for txt2dat. (URL) please let me know if this is OK (...) (17 years ago, 7-Jun-07, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  LPub DPI control?

Hello, In LPub, is it possible to specify the physical resolution for generated images? Not the pixel width & height, but the physical document width & height in inches, and the resolution in pixels/inches. Of course, this affects only printed (...) (17 years ago, 3-Jun-07, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Isecalc, a LDraw intersection line calculator

Hello Jim, (...) Great! I made nothing for that (I'm not so good at programming!), but a console application is nothing fancy... (...) Sure, you're welcome! Thanks in advance... Philo (17 years ago, 2-Jun-07, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: Isecalc, a LDraw intersection line calculator

(...) Although I haven't tested it with anything besides the included samples, I can confirm that this builds and works with Mac OS X. Three cheers for portable code! In the source directory, I compiled it with: g++ Isecalc.cpp -arch i386 -arch ppc (...) (17 years ago, 2-Jun-07, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.mac, FTX)

  Re: MLCAD & LPub Usage questions here?

(...) Please post them here for a few reasons: - Others may learn from your questions - You'll get the widest readership possible - The question will be publicly archived for future users (17 years ago, 2-Jun-07, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  MLCAD & LPub Usage questions here?

Hi everyone, I'm new to these forums, so please forgive me if this question is misplaced. I've been working with the wonderful MLCAD & LPub quite a lot over the past few years. Is this the best place to post usage questions or development (...) (17 years ago, 1-Jun-07, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Isecalc, a LDraw intersection line calculator

(...) You're right... the archive is there: (URL) (17 years ago, 1-Jun-07, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Isecalc, a LDraw intersection line calculator

(...) well, I've already downloaded them all along with the html. I thought a all-in-one it would ease things so your site would be fine. w. (17 years ago, 30-May-07, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Isecalc, a LDraw intersection line calculator

(...) Sure! where do you want it? (I can mail it to you if you want...) Philo (17 years ago, 27-May-07, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Isecalc, a LDraw intersection line calculator

(...) hi philo, cute! would it be possible to pack the prog along with the samples and a .pdf of the howto in one file? w. (17 years ago, 27-May-07, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Isecalc, a LDraw intersection line calculator

(...) Hi Philo, Very cool software tool. I'm sure I'll be using this at some point. Tim (17 years ago, 26-May-07, to lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  Isecalc, a LDraw intersection line calculator

(2 URLs) Isecalc> utility, intended for LDraw parts authors, computes the intersection line of two sets of triangles or quads. Each set is provided to the utility as separate LDraw files. A third file containing the intersection lines is created. (...) (17 years ago, 26-May-07, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  Re: Inline POV code in official parts?

(...) Well, maybe others don't care about visible polys when it should be smooth, but it makes all the difference in the world to me. (...) Well, yeah. But that is better than everyone inventing their own POV- Ray code to make their own parts. How (...) (17 years ago, 2-May-07, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Inline POV code in official parts?

(...) The LDraw POV project ((URL) was created with the intention of someday becoming the de-facto, if not the actual, official LDraw compatible POV repository. I'll admit that it has languished for sometime (it's been almost 4 years sine I (...) (17 years ago, 2-May-07, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Inline POV code in official parts?

(...) It doesn't really gain you much if you are just converting the LDraw parts directly - l3p does that just fine, and fairly fast. The only advantage of a POV-ray library is when you start adding POV-ray specific stuff, eg: replace the curve (...) (17 years ago, 1-May-07, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Inline POV code in official parts?

Why not make official POV-Ray Lego bricks and skip the whole LDraw to POV-Ray conversion? Use the same names, scale, and coordinates and all you need is a small script to convert the LDraw lines into POV- Ray lines using the same translations. Or (...) (17 years ago, 1-May-07, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Inline POV code in official parts?

(...) More than three years have passed, the only thing that has happened is that the SteerCo and/or the Standard Committee has decided not to allow EmbPOV in the official Parts folder. A vauge discussion on creting yet another folder for Ldraw POV (...) (17 years ago, 1-May-07, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  LSynth Service

Hi, all. I've taken the liberty of fiddling around with the LSynth 2 source code a little bit more to create an LSynth Service, a text-processing extension for Mac OS X that lets you run LSynth just about anywhere you can edit text. The service (...) (17 years ago, 10-Apr-07, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Getting rif off the 8.3 nomenclature??? (scanf tricks)

(...) That's a nifty scanf trick. But don't forget, you might still want to (URL) trim leading and trailing whitespace> (tabs and space characters) from the parsed filename (and maybe even surrounding quotes). Don (17 years ago, 29-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  Re: Getting rif off the 8.3 nomenclature??? (scanf tricks)

(...) <snip> (...) Hi Jim, Thanks! I'll use it. Kevin (17 years ago, 29-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  Re: Getting rif off the 8.3 nomenclature??? (scanf tricks)

(...) misparse file names with blanks or tabs in them. (...) will be backward compatible and not cause problems (at least not for (...) I have no idea whether this could be worked into your sscanf usage, but it is possible to read whitespace into (...) (17 years ago, 29-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  Re: Sneekpreview on animation software

(...) Screen space is a bit of a problem indeed, it runs out very fast :) That's why I support dual (or even more in theory) screens. But every screen can also have multiple desktops, and for each desktop you can choose from 'windowed' or 'tabbed' (...) (17 years ago, 21-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Sneekpreview on animation software

(...) What about those of us that only have one screen? Can you show an example of how it would look there? It seems to me the UI with the large sliders is a bit space consuming. Maybe just a numerical display of the current value (the top part of (...) (17 years ago, 21-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Sneekpreview on animation software

Hi all, After quite some time I think I got the basic control system / and interface working for the succeeder of LD4DModeler. I would appreciate any comments / suggestions from animators / developers concerning first impressions on the interface. (...) (17 years ago, 21-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad, lugnet.animation)

  Re: Fun with LDView Fly Through (A Minifig's Eye View)

(...) Thanks for the tip, Tim! The point about LDraw (and POV-Ray) objectives being comprised of surfaces rather than solids is worth keeping in mind, too. After re-rendering the little test scene with maxtracelevel set to 8, I realized that the (...) (17 years ago, 19-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.mac, FTX)

  Re: Fun with LDView Fly Through (A Minifig's Eye View)

--snip-- (...) Hi Jim, The second error there is certainly to blame for the opacity. You need to add a line globalsettings maxtracelevel N where N is high enough (probably 8 will do). Partially this is because LDraw parts are constructed of surfaces (...) (17 years ago, 19-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.mac, FTX)

  Re: Fun with LDView Fly Through (A Minifig's Eye View)

(...) You're right - it does work. I retried it with L3P output and the view is positioned correctly. My previous effort used POV-Ray code from Anton's converter. That's not necessarily the reason it didn't work before, though: it was late and I was (...) (17 years ago, 19-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.mac, FTX)

  Re: Fun with LDView Fly Through (A Minifig's Eye View)

(...) The aspect ratio shouldn't make enough of a difference to put the camera out of the ship. It should only change the cropping. If you have the same aspect ratio, you should should get nearly pixel-perfect alignment of all polygons that don't (...) (17 years ago, 19-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.mac, FTX)

  Re: Fun with LDView Fly Through (A Minifig's Eye View)

(...) I was thinking of that. I tried it briefly the other night but I must have had a different aspect ratio, because the rendering appeared far outside the ship. I'm getting up to speed on POV-Ray, though, so I'll definitely try it again. (...) (...) (17 years ago, 19-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.mac, FTX)

  Re: Fun with LDView Fly Through (A Minifig's Eye View)

(...) It's worth noting that if you get the POV-Ray camera info from LDView and render in POV-Ray, you should get exactly the same view there (assuming you use the same aspect ratio). (...) The sensitivity is pretty messed up. It doesn't properly (...) (17 years ago, 19-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.mac, FTX)

  Re: Fun with LDView Fly Through (A Minifig's Eye View)

(...) That's a nice pic Jim. I seem to recall there was a view from inside a Santa Fe car a while back, can't remember who rendered it though :( ROSCO (17 years ago, 19-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.mac, FTX)

  Fun with LDView Fly Through (A Minifig's Eye View)

I'm sure this has been done before, but I realized an amusing application of LDView's "fly through" camera mode is to look at the world through the eyes of a minifig, particularly from perspectives where you couldn't normally fit a camera (or your (...) (17 years ago, 19-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.mac, FTX)

  Re: source code for minifig generator?

(...) Thanks, that's what I was looking for. Brian Durney (17 years ago, 16-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: source code for minifig generator?

(...) Bricksmith is in Sourceforge. Browsing around its CVS, I found what appears to be the minifig generator source here: (URL) at the MinifigureDialogController files.) Of course, that source is in Objective C, but Objective C tends to be very (...) (17 years ago, 16-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: source code for minifig generator?

(...) Sorry, I didn't realize how many versions there are. I believe Bricksmith also has a minifig generator now. The source code for any and all would be helpful. I looked at the LDDP link you posted and didn't see anything about the source, either (...) (17 years ago, 16-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: source code for minifig generator?

(...) To which minifig generator do you refer? - The MLCad minifig generator: MLCad is closed source - The LDDP minifig plugin: source code here, (URL) The LDAO minifig generator: LDAO source here, (URL) Note LDAO is extremely out of date and still (...) (17 years ago, 16-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  source code for minifig generator?

Hello, I am contemplating a minifig editor that would work like the generator but would be able to select and modify minifigs in an LDraw file. I'm not sure yet whether I'll use Java or C++, but even if I use Java the source code for the generator (...) (17 years ago, 16-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: txt2dat updated

(...) Received and uploaded, Mac & Linux users can now download binaries from the main page. I'd just like to thank Jim again for all his help producing this version, and I hope Mac & Linux users can get some good use out of my little program. ROSCO (17 years ago, 13-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.mac, FTX)

  Re: Public LDView 3.2 Alpha for Windows

(...) This is wicked cool. (I just realized that it works in the pre-alpha Mac build I've been poking at.) Is it or will it be possible to export the light orientation to POV-ray format as with the camera angle? Be well, Jim (17 years ago, 13-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: txt2dat updated

(...) I've updated the (URL) txt2dat online> interface to use the new version. You can use the "Custom description" option to enter a comment for the first line of the sticker file using txt2dat's new -d option. The downloadable binaries are on (...) (17 years ago, 13-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.mac, FTX)

  Public LDView 3.2 Alpha for Windows

Due to some of the problems that exist in LDView 3.1 (command line snapshots and screensaver preferences), I've decided to do a public alpha release of LDView 3.2. Please note that this version will only run on Windows computers with Unicode (...) (17 years ago, 13-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  txt2dat updated

My LDraw text generator, txt2dat has been updated. The new version can be found (URL) here>. Changes in this version: Upgraded to current library versions: - Triangle 1.6 - Freetype 2.3.2 (Require at least 2.1.9) Initial build support for Mac (...) (17 years ago, 13-Mar-07, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.mac, FTX)

  Re: LDView error

"Travis Cobbs" <tcobbs@REMOVE.halibut.com> schreef in bericht news:JECt3F.ED0@lugnet.com... (...) Which is indeed true. The GF2 was not MX. (...) This is dissappointing... I assumed a GF4 would be better on all fronts than an GF2. (...) Thanks (...) (17 years ago, 4-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDView error

(...) I don't know off-hand the performance characteristics of those two cards, but if your GF2 wasn't an MX, then it's actually possible that the new card is actually slower at geometry processing (despite being two full generations newer). In (...) (17 years ago, 4-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDView error

Presuming you have the very latest drivers installed (your best bet is to use nVidia installers to repair things wholesale, rather than try to navigate at the individual .DLL level), then I might suggest that you have all the "goodies" (...) (17 years ago, 3-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDView error

My problem was solved by downloading a dll file nvoglnt.dll. It turned out my version was 0 kb !? The strange thing however is that LDView renders slower than my GF2 card??? "Jaco van der Molen" <jmolen@zonnet.nl> schreef in bericht (...) (17 years ago, 3-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  LDView error

Hi all, Since I installed a new videocard (NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440 with AGP8X) I seem to be unable to run LDView. Why is that? My previous NVIDIA GeForce2 card did not give any problems. Can this be resolved? Thanks. Jaco (17 years ago, 3-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Testing long filenames was Re: Unofficial directory (with non-standard name lenght)?

(...) showing D:DownloadsShowParameters.exe The second line (Label2) however, stays blank. With friendly greetings, M. Moolhuysen. (17 years ago, 3-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  I hereby accect long file names!

(...) It's an utterly complicated way, but it works! Only problem is that GetLongPathName erases all other kinds of command line parameters. Now that I know that at least it is possible to avoid shortened pathnames, I rest my case. I no longer (...) (17 years ago, 2-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact