 CAD / Development / 10652
10651  |  10653
Subject:
Search path question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Thu, 12 Jul 2007 19:27:53 GMT

I just noticed some unexpected behavior in LDView, and I wanted to ask here
whether or not the behavior was right.  Suppose you have the following files:

TestModel.ldr
Sub/Sub1.ldr
Sub/Sub2.ldr

TestModel.ldr contains a reference to Sub/Sub1.ldr.  When Sub1.ldr refers to
Sub2.ldr, should it use Sub2.ldr as the filename or Sub/Sub2.ldr?  In other
words, does the "current model directory" part of the search path refer to the
model the user actually loaded, the current model, or both?

For reference, LDView can't find the file if you don't use Sub/Sub2.ldr in
Sub1.ldr.  I would lean towards saying that this is incorrect behavior, but
since nobody has complained about it, it appears that people aren't doing this
in their models (which is understandable, I guess).

Please note: parts in the library apparently always include the directory, even
if they're already in that directory.  For example, s/14s01.dat contains a
reference to s\647s00.dat.

--Travis