 CAD / *44525 (-100)
  Re: Mirror Building

(...) They should be fine if you use LDView to do the POV export, and make sure "Fix mirrored stud logos" is checked in the export options, and don't use LGEO parts. (Granted, that last requirement is annoying, but hopefully I'll get it fixed at (...) (16 years ago, 31-Mar-09, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: SR 3D Builder (Version 0.4.0.0)

(...) There seems to be an error in the setup file. So please do not download now. I will keep you informed! cu mikeheide (16 years ago, 30-Mar-09, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Mirror Building

(...) SNIP (...) That is also the way I explained it. But we have to mention that with this technic the Logo on the studs are not correct on the mirrored part! cu mikeheide (16 years ago, 30-Mar-09, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Mirror Building

(...) Just today there is a new version of SR3DBuilder out. This version now works also on my old system. So give it a try again please. cu mikeheide (16 years ago, 30-Mar-09, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Mirror Building  [DAT]

(...) You are right, my fault. It should be for the second line: The next line is then 1 16 0 0 0 -1 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 modelhalf.dat Sorry for any trouble made by this. cu mikeheide (...) (16 years ago, 30-Mar-09, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Mirror Building  [DAT]

(...) Oh, I made a mistake. It should be for the second line for rotation about Y: The next line is then 1 16 0 0 0 -1 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 modelhalf.dat You have to make sure that the origin of your modelhalf.dat will be at the "mirror surface". Here an (...) (16 years ago, 30-Mar-09, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Mirror Building

(...) Yes, we did. (URL) to the resulting programs lmirror and mirwiz here. (URL) believe both programs use a special mirror.ini file to avoid the nasty complications of just using a negative mirror matrix. By the way, has anyone ever done any (...) (16 years ago, 30-Mar-09, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Mirror Building  [DAT]

(...) If you put a minus sign in front of one of the ones in an identity matrix, and leave everything else alone, it will mirror about the corresponding axis. For example, this one uses your original geometry, and mirrors the black part around the X (...) (16 years ago, 30-Mar-09, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Mirror Building  [DAT]

(...) hello Mike, I think that this method only rotates the model... was if I have somthing like that: 0 Untitled 0 Name: test.ldr 0 Author: MLCad 0 Unofficial Model 0 COLOR 71 Stone_Gray 0 163 162 164 255 163 162 164 255 0 COLOR 72 Dark_Stone_Gray (...) (16 years ago, 30-Mar-09, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Mirror Building

(...) hello Orion I know that software but I prefer to use mlcad.. srcad is too resource hungry and don't work very good on my pc and it draw a mirror of the model while you build it, I have already built the left part... and need to mirror it it's (...) (16 years ago, 30-Mar-09, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Mirror Building  [DAT]

  SR 3D Builder (Version 0.4.0.0)

Hi everybody Sergio asked me to bring the new version to your attention. The requirements for the grafic card are now lower, so I was able to run this on my machine. Hope it works also on your machines. Download as usual from (URL) (16 years ago, 30-Mar-09, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Mirror Building

(...) SR 3D Builder already does this. (URL) (16 years ago, 29-Mar-09, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Mirror Building  [DAT]

(...) Why using a special program? First build the half of your model. This model is then referenced by the main file with a line like 1 16 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 modelhalf.dat The next line is then 1 16 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 -1 0 0 0 1 modelhalf.dat Got (...) (16 years ago, 29-Mar-09, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Mirror Building

hello guys, I want to know if someone has ever thinked about doing a program to mirror a model! in other words, when you build a symmetrix model, you build only one side and then mirror it to the other side thank you Cristian ___...___ Information (...) (16 years ago, 29-Mar-09, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Colour 168 = PearlDkGray?

(...) Great! That colour really is a colour LDraw has needed for some time, in my humble opinion. :-) (16 years ago, 28-Mar-09, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Colour 168 = PearlDkGray?

(...) Hi, as you might know with the help of others I'm currently updating the LDConfig.ldr defining the LDraw colors: (URL) see that I used 148 - Metallic Dark Grey. Hope this helps. w. (16 years ago, 28-Mar-09, to lugnet.cad)

  Colour 168 = PearlDkGray?

A little question: will the colour 168 (Gun_Metallic) be the colour what is known as PearlDkGray on Peeron? In my opinion, it would fit, but is it really it? (16 years ago, 27-Mar-09, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LSynth 3 available on kclague.net

(...) I'm glad it worked! Kevin (16 years ago, 26-Mar-09, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LSynth 3 available on kclague.net

(...) So, tried to do a fresh install of more than just LSynth, and it now works like a charm! It helped to have the newest MLCAD *blush*. No idea on how I managed to still have 3.11 installed. Sorry guys! Cheers, Matija (16 years ago, 26-Mar-09, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Is there an origin point specified in LDRAW parts?

(...) Origin of all parts is x=0,y=0,z=0. Where this origin is placed at the part is different. Y-Direction: If the part have studs, then the y=0 is the surface below the studs. If the part has no studs, then it should be at the top of the part, or (...) (16 years ago, 25-Mar-09, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Is there an origin point specified in LDRAW parts?

(...) Well, the origin is simply the zero-point X=0;Y=0;Z=0 in all parts, no exceptions. The quads/triangles/line...itives/... are built around that origin. (16 years ago, 25-Mar-09, to lugnet.cad)

  Is there an origin point specified in LDRAW parts?

If there is an origin point specified in LDRAW part files, I would like to know what is needed in order to calculate it's position and alignment to the x, y, z coordinate system LDRAW uses. Can anyone point me to where I can find information that (...) (16 years ago, 25-Mar-09, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: NXT based 3D scanner

Hi Eric, (...) Sorry for the aspirin, that was not intended ;o) (...) Thanks! And yes, I am from Earth... Philo (16 years ago, 23-Mar-09, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Pneumatic elements

(...) Hi Jetro, Constitutive parts of elements (that are not sold separately) have names prefixed with ~ or _. You will find them in "Other parts" -> "Others" category of MLCad. Alternatively, you can also have a look at this list: (URL) and pick (...) (16 years ago, 23-Mar-09, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: NXT based 3D scanner

Philo! What a great tool to help your parts authoring. Not only is this creation fantastic, rare and unique, but some of your technical descriptions leave me reaching for my coffee and asprin! Amazing! I love the part of the video where you pan over (...) (16 years ago, 22-Mar-09, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.robotics)