 CAD / 16079
Re: LSynth 3 available on kclague.net
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Thu, 5 Mar 2009 08:35:56 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Kevin L. Clague wrote:
I think the LSynth parts should go in unofficial.  Anyone object?

Kevin,

if they go into Unofficial no call for MKlist is required since MLCad and LDView
load them anyway when the paths are set. At this point you might think about a
<LDrawDIR>\LSynth or <LDrawDIR>\Unofficial\LSynth folder. People using LSynth
deal with LDraw at a higher level and it is fine rising the entrance bar and
require a bit of editing .ini files.

There is also the question if they should get certified in the future. Some
constraint parts have already been submitted to the PT
http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.cgi?f=parts/ls10.dat. IMHO it isn't
necesarry. Installing them with the lsynth package is much more flexible.

My 0.02 Euro, w.