 CAD / 16074
Re: LSynth 3 available on kclague.net
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Thu, 5 Mar 2009 02:16:53 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Travis Cobbs wrote:
In lugnet.cad, Don Heyse wrote:
Also I have a compiler that should be able to build an lsynthcp.exe
that only links to msvcrt.dll so it works with all windows versions
with no annoying extra libs needed, just like all the utilities
Microsoft provides.  (Now if only they'd make an easy wizard option in
their compilers to do that...)  I'll have to kick my son off WOW for a
few minutes tonight to make sure it works on Vista, but everything
I've read says it should.  I think the current lsynthcp.exe in the
setup file calls itself version 3.0 beta H, so it should be rebuilt
without the beta tag for a real release anyhow.

A note on those run-time libraries.  LDView doesn't require them because I have
selected Multi-threaded (/MT) as the Runtime Library on the C/C++ -> Code
Generation preference section (instead of the default of Multi-threaded DLL
(MD)).  This increases the size of the LDView executable, but allows it to run
without the VC++ 2005 run-time libraries.  I personally feel that it's worth it.
The increase in executable size is noticeable, but no horrendous.

--Travis

Thanks Travis!  Another gem.  I've changed LPub and LSynth to use /MT.

Kevin