 CAD / 16103
Re: NXT based 3D scanner
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sat, 14 Mar 2009 20:31:50 GMT

Philippe Hurbain wrote:

[...] I had all the elements to build a 3D scanner

Fantastic work Philo!

I'm so envious. I work daily with 3D coordinate measuring machines (CMM) of
all kinds (http://www.hexagonmetrology.com/se), and my secret dream for many
years has been to build one with LEGO. I've never managed to construct a
reliable probe, though - it has to react in 3 dimensions, not just one like
yours. But your machine is a giant step on the way to a LEGO CMM - actually,
it's more or less exactly constructed like a 'roundness checker'.

Oh, how I wish I had all the parts to build your scanner! But I'm trundling
along with the old Dacta interface 70909 and a programming environment of my
own (http://web.telia.com/~u16122508/dacta/) and I *will* get it to work
some day :-) There are more than enough inputs and outputs, it's just the
sampling rate that's a bit low.

I will take a good look at your probe solution, and try to get new ideas
from it.

Once again: Fantastic work!

--
Anders Isaksson, Sweden