 CAD / 16084
16083  |  16085
Subject:
Hollow axles actually not that hollow...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Fri, 6 Mar 2009 20:31:24 GMT

Looking through various LDraw files I’ve noticed that the axles that connect for example beams into ball joints are modelled hollow, like axle holes closed on all sides. However, I’ve broken various pieces over my years, this one being broken quite long time but still has avoided the trash bin. There’s some weird quirk in me that makes me keep even the broken pieces. :-)

Now with this broken piece I’ve pictured I’m claiming that the axles are actually solid and not hollow. The picture below is a thumbnail, linked into a higher-resolution picture.

Being that lowsy photographer that is me I took about ten pictures of it and only this looked plausible enough...

Of course I’m not saying that existing files should be changed into this, but I thought to point this out.