  *97505 (-100)
  Defense Archer at TCS!

I just got mail saying that the 4811 Defense Archer set(s. 10 of them. What can I say? I like that helm, and the torso print is neat too.) I ordered thru TCS has come in. They've also got a new Arctic polybag (a mini snowmobile) and some other stuff (...) (24 years ago, 22-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.loc.us.ma.bos)

  Re: Greetings!

Just checking in. Hi Everybody! Build On! John Matthews John Neal <johnneal@uswest.net> wrote in message news:388601F0.35A67D...est.net... (...) <snip> (24 years ago, 22-Jan-00, to lugnet.org.us.gmlug, lugnet.loc.us.mn, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: FA:[eBay] - Lar's custom hopper

What's the piece count on that one? John Matthews Larry Pieniazek <lar@voyager.net> wrote in message news:388890F4.41286A...ger.net... (...) (24 years ago, 22-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: New mod to double decker passenger train

(...) James, Glad to finally hear from you again. I see you took my advice on lowering the roofline. That looks so much better. Now it's a "good lookin" train. I know why you haven't posted in three months. That's what married life will do to you! (...) (24 years ago, 22-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: official spellings of a couple names?

- Kaadu - Naberrie - Padmé All of these are according to the DK Star Wars Episode one 'the Visual Dictionary' Hope this helps... EC (24 years ago, 22-Jan-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Make file

I just download, installed, and confirmed that I can compile programs using the QC package from Ferrara Francesco. I have noticed that there is no MAKE utility in the C:\QC\BIN directory, thus I can not execute the MAKEFILE. I'll leave a msg to (...) (24 years ago, 22-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Next BayLUG Meeting / First BayLTC Meeting

(...) March 12, 1-5. But May 12 would probly be good too :-) Couldn't hurt to book it now! Seriously, it could be either the weekend of May 6 or 13 for the next one. (...) I have no problems with it. Let's hatch a club! It was my understanding that (...) (24 years ago, 22-Jan-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug)

  FA - 4561 Freight Express Train subsets on Ebay

I am selling 8 4561s Dutch, split up into subsets: Engine Cargo car Passenger car Accessories Curved Track 9V Regulator Starting bids are $20 each, I fully expect them to END at $20 each. (URL) Tom Stangl, Technical Support Netscape Communications (...) (24 years ago, 22-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: LEGO grandfather clock

At the risk of being pilloried, (but I gotta know), would you consider selling the clock (or a clock)? [ok, so that is really two, quite different questions] Actually the real question I had in mind was... had you thought about putting it up for (...) (24 years ago, 22-Jan-00, to lugnet.build, lugnet.general)

  Re: Non-textured slopes.

(...) I can't recall my source, but it was my understanding that Tyco was assimilated by Mega Bloks. Still, its a weird finding that the sloped bricks appear to be identical. Its my contention that Tyco bricks are easily as good as LEGO bricks, and (...) (24 years ago, 22-Jan-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Non-textured slopes.

(...) 2x2x2 Slopes have been around for a looong time. Like, since the late '70s. They originally came in clear and trans-blue. Long before Tyco made Super Blocks. Jeff (24 years ago, 22-Jan-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Any interest in Unitron #1789 ?

I sold one on Ebay a few months ago for around $40.00... hope this helps... EC (24 years ago, 22-Jan-00, to lugnet.space, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: review: Set 7134: Rebel A-Wing wih mechanic

(...) I dunno why everybody complains about this. I'd rather have: Tattooine Luke Pilot Luke Jedi Luke Endor Luke instead of Qui-Gon (Lightsaber Duel) another Qui-Gon (Gungan Sub) a third identical Qui-Gon (Mos Espa Podrace) yet another Qui-Gon (...) (24 years ago, 22-Jan-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: FYI: wbstore.com orders, etc...

(...) They did for me. I just e-mailed them about it and within a week I had a $12 credit on my card. (24 years ago, 22-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.market.shipping)

  8002 in Canada!

I found Technic Destroyer Droid (8002) tonight at Mastermind Educational in Mississauga ON (Erin Mills Pkwy) for $74.85 CAN. I asked them a while back to call me when it was in and there was a message when I got home from work today. When I picked (...) (24 years ago, 22-Jan-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Bulk 2x2, 2x3, 2x4, 2x6 bricks for trade

I know that many of us are looking forward to getting bricks from Lego Direct in the future. I am one of those people. I would like to offer an alternative to them, however, in some certain items. I have large quantities of 2x2, 2x3, 2x4 and 2x6 (...) (24 years ago, 22-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: OMR Filenaming Standard Change?

(...) The set is the blacksmiths shop. -- Jonathan Wilson wilsonj@xoommail.com (URL) (24 years ago, 22-Jan-00, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  official spellings of a couple names?

Anyone know? -- What are the official ways to spell these? - Kaadu or Kaduu? - Nabierre or Naberrie? - Padme or Padmé? I looked on www.starwars.com but gave up after about 20 clicks. I kinda expected 'em to be listed here... (2 URLs) they (...) (24 years ago, 22-Jan-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  FYI: wbstore.com orders, etc...

Just so people can judge when they might get their wbstore.com orders, this is what's happened to me (in Southwestern Michigan): (1) Ordered an Indy Storm, a couple of Technic Power Packs, and two Railway Express late in the evening of Sunday the (...) (24 years ago, 22-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.market.shipping)

  Re: Green Mage Hat? Huh?

not to mention the #4128 has the white spindle fences -four straight and two curved. :) That is deffinatly my favorite bucket! between those green slopes and the fences... yummmm... -jonathan (...) (24 years ago, 22-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  FT. Technic Space Shuttle 8480

I have a brand-new in-the-box Space Shuttle 8480 that I'd like to trade. I'm looking for a 8485 Control Center II set. New or used ...will negotiate. Any takers? I live in the San Fransisco Bay Area. Thanks, Phil Watt wattsup1@earthlink.net (24 years ago, 22-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Idea for Bulk Ordering ANY current Lego piece

[moving to l.market.theory] Do they move unsold sets in that direction ? With the various oddball sets that show up at S@H and other vendors (ZB.com ?), I always thought it was the unsold euorpean sets being sent to the US. The back of the S@H (...) (24 years ago, 22-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: Technic box #1 update

Thanks Martin. I just sent my address by email. Please let me know if you don't receive it. Thanks, -Phil Watt wattsup1@earthlink.net (...) (24 years ago, 22-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.jambalaya)

  Re: 8480 Space Shuttle have hit $56.25 or less!

Not everyone has a ZB store nearby. I don't believe that there any ZBs south of Atlanta. For me, that would be at least 300+ miles each way. Ray (...) (24 years ago, 22-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Idea for Bulk Ordering ANY current Lego piece

Of course there is always the obvious, that TLG might decide to break slow moving sets from the previous year or two and sell those pieces individually instead of their current practice of reshipping unsold sets back to Europe for markdown in that (...) (24 years ago, 22-Jan-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  New mod to double decker passenger train

I sure am glad every else keeps posting interesting items to this trains group. I've been pretty uninpired lately. Thanks for keeping the reading good. I've just got a modification to my model of a German red double decker passenger train car and (...) (24 years ago, 22-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MOC's on my websites

The round table came from the smaller Hovertron set in the Explorians line, I bought a bunch of them just for the round "Table" in them :) and the "arches" in the stream are the rounded 2x3 bricks, I got a bunch of them in one of the Freestyle Poly (...) (24 years ago, 22-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Non-textured slopes.

Last night I confirmed something I had long suspected; some of the non- textured slope pieces that TLG is packaging with current and 1999 sets were fabricated using moulds from Tyco. Last night I was building a 4950 Loader- Dozer, and came upon two (...) (24 years ago, 22-Jan-00, to lugnet.general)

  Next BayLUG Meeting / First BayLTC Meeting

I am somewhat confused now. Here is my current understanding: Sunday, May 12th from 1-5 pm we have a booking in the Fukaya room in Fremont. Is this correct? If so, I would like to make that the first meeting for the BayLTC, if there are no (...) (24 years ago, 22-Jan-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug)

  Re: dragster : tempi

(...) Tanto ci stiamo lo stesso alzati per fregarti :-) (...) Non barare eh! Le tue "alcaline" le voglio controllare molto da vicino... Ciao Mario (24 years ago, 21-Jan-00, to lugnet.loc.it)

  Mercatino su ItLUG

Ho aggiunto la pagina (di prova) relativa al mercatino. Apprezzo suggerimenti, commenti e critiche (queste ultime un po' meno :-) ) Ciao Mario (24 years ago, 21-Jan-00, to lugnet.loc.it)

  Re: 4x2ReVu: B-wing (slightly off topic)

(...) I'm not sure the Mon Calamari were internal to the Empire, were they? At the very least, none of them served the Emperor, and that explains why they suddenly "appeared" among the Alliance ships. I could be wrong, however. best, Lindsay (24 years ago, 21-Jan-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Yellow Bird?

(...) Can't help you there, but I believe it was in an old Fabuland set (the cage did, at least). Maybe some who has that set can help. (...) The extra red bows from the Belville Sprue (one is used to hold the wings on the fairy). (...) Magenta (...) (24 years ago, 21-Jan-00, to lugnet.belville)

  Stone Tower Bridge FOUND

Hi all, I've sent out an email but with no reply--but somewhere, someone was pining for a Stone Tower Bridge for under $30 (in one of these two fora). If it was you, please contact me immediately and let me know where the message was, so I can (...) (24 years ago, 21-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  RE: Technic Wheel/Tyre Question

The outer diameter of the tyre 49.6 x 28 VR is 49.6 mm. In general, the first number is the diameter in millimeters, and the second number is the width of the tyre in millimeters. The wheel (or hub) has 3 different diameters depending on where you (...) (24 years ago, 21-Jan-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: review: Set 7134: Rebel A-Wing wih mechanic

(...) Kevin: I'm honored that you chose my review to modify. I agree with your review of the A-Wing. You know, I really don't expect too much accuracy from Lego regarding SW model design any longer. IMO, the only ship that was done accurately was (...) (24 years ago, 21-Jan-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Idea for Bulk Ordering ANY current Lego piece

In lugnet.dear-lego, Timothy D. Freshly writes: Cool idea! (...) This might not be a problem if TLC allow bulk ordering to take up to 3% of piece A, and 5% of piece B etc. So however they distribute the excess is up to them? I don't think we'd make (...) (24 years ago, 21-Jan-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: 8480 Space Shuttle have hit $56.25 or less!

(...) Well, I'm going to try tonight--I know where a few are, and I know where the big discount is. Has anyone had recent luck with the shuttles (in the last 24 hours)? best, Lindsay (24 years ago, 21-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Can we have a Newsgroup for KIDLUG?

(...) First, one question and one request: 1) What exactly does KIDLUG stand for? a) Kid (singular non-possessive) LEGO Users Group b) Kids (plural non-possessive) LEGO Users Group c) Kid's (singular possessive) LEGO Users Group d) Kids' (plural (...) (24 years ago, 21-Jan-00, to lugnet.org)

  Yellow Bird?

I was wondering if some hlpful soul out there could help me in finding a good picture of the yellow bird that comes with #5808? Also in #5823, what's in the drawer? One last thing, in #5824, what's in the blue bag? Thanks very much, <<KM>> (24 years ago, 21-Jan-00, to lugnet.belville)

  Re: The Challenge (was Re: Train Control)

Mike Poindexter <lego@poindexter.cc> wrote in message news:FopEn1.Kp7@lugnet.com... (...) tell... (...) Heheh.. I already read the group (I'm interested in trains obviously, I just haven't got any yet). Half the reason I *would* get into lego (...) (24 years ago, 21-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  version 1.5

Aloha I recently purchased and installed the Mindstorms RIS purchased direct from Lego. It is version 1.5. I was surprised to see no external power connector on the brick. It is interesting that the software CD supplied comes with a spot already (...) (24 years ago, 21-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  FA(Ebay) 6302 NEW!, 6655,6347 NEW!, 6361WBox + More

Hello to all! I currently have a few auctions running on e-bay. The auctions end around 11:00 pm - 12:00 am tonight Friday 1/21. If you are interested please go to e-bay and type in "6302" under lego as the key word. This should allow you to view (...) (24 years ago, 21-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: Using an RCX

(...) You should post a few pictures of your clock mechanism. I would really like to see how you incorporated the RCX with the pendulum in your design. This idea seems more practical for a long term running clock then having to wind up weights every (...) (24 years ago, 21-Jan-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.build)

  "Face" Packs

One of the things that I would like to see is a "face" pack. Taking a couple face types and putting different expressions on them (Happy, sad, laughing, crying, surprise, anger, etc.) I think they would be easy to make (yellow bricks and some ink) (...) (24 years ago, 21-Jan-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: PRICE GAP????

The Wal-Mart in my area I think has the set at full price. -J.W.Hummer www.geocities.com/spincity999 (...) much (24 years ago, 21-Jan-00, to lugnet.town)

  Re: Cauldron Born Battle Mech - (Ultra Modified)

There were only a few pieces that were not from the Star Wars sets. Most of the parts were from X-wing, Y-wing/Tie Fighter, Snow Speeder, Sith Infiltrator, You can download the .DAT files from (URL) only modification I need to make is to the (...) (24 years ago, 21-Jan-00, to lugnet.cad.dat.models)

  Robotic Programming

We use robots at work and this URL is in our database. They have a free demo version that some may find useful. It is a windows based robot programming program. The full version is not that expensive either. (URL) A. Donaldson (24 years ago, 21-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Nosepiece

Does anyone have an extra nosepiece for the excavator from #6473 that I could beg, borrow, buy, or steal ? I finally noticed that it is the same piece (in black) as the nose piece to the #4559 Cargo Train... (24 years ago, 21-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Control

(...) Matt, how about setting the max. voltage of the decoder to 9V? I know some of the digitrax decoders (and the Lenz/Marklin) ones you can do this. James P (24 years ago, 21-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MF Figure list

Nice offering with the MF, but I agree: where are the freakin' Storm Troopers!? :) -sW Eric Kingsley <kingsley@nelug.org> wrote in message news:FooxrA.JoM@lugnet.com... (...) list of (...) (24 years ago, 21-Jan-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: NELUG 01/10/2000 is up

(...) Agreed - I think I recognise some of the faces *fear*, but I'm curious about some of them! Although, even just doing a left-to-right of selected pictures would satiate that curiousity: (3 URLs) :) Richard (24 years ago, 21-Jan-00, to lugnet.publish, lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: PRICE GAP????

Those our the prices at Shop-at-Home. At the stores there 79.99 and 59.99. I bet in the summer Highway Construction will be like 50.00 at maybe Wal-mart (...) (24 years ago, 21-Jan-00, to lugnet.town)

  Re: newbie question

Speaking of this, does anyone know whether the Star Wars sets will follow the new 2 year cycle or the old 3 year cycle? Or has Lucas negotiated something else. It would be a shame if the first five sets (especially the X-Wing and Snowspeeder) went (...) (24 years ago, 21-Jan-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Handyboard C library for m6811 gcc port

Curt Mills, WE7U writes: > I was going to get to modifying it for Stephane's port, but haven't > gotten around to it. Thanks! I knew about this library, but I was hoping to prod some other porters to the surface with my comment. I guess I'll be (...) (24 years ago, 21-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Idea for Bulk Ordering ANY current Lego piece

Dear Brad: As you can see, one of the AFOLs primary concerns is the ability to bulk order a wide variety of pieces in vastly different quantities. Wouldn't it be great if an AFOL could order ANY piece currently in production in ANY quantity (at (...) (24 years ago, 21-Jan-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Ldlite for OpenGL and Linux (and uppercase filenames)

(...) No, but infozipped is. Actually, InfoZip (executables are called zip and unzip) is pkzip compatable, and freely available on Unix, Win32, Mac, VMS, DOS, etc. It can zip / unzip through pipes, and has support for multi-volume or split archives. (...) (24 years ago, 21-Jan-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Update: Which Set Should I Buy FAQ

(...) fyi- NQC already supports CyberMaster, and support for Scout is in beta test. Dave Baum (24 years ago, 21-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  More pics' on my site

Page three is finally active and the "Saga" of the rescue begins.....does the stranded team get rescued, or do they become polar bear pops?????? Thanks for all the input on the first page I posted, and the next project will be to build the base (...) (24 years ago, 21-Jan-00, to lugnet.general)

  PRICE GAP????

Does anyone else think there is a major price gap on the new 6600 Highway Construction set? $88.00 & all you get is 3 trucks a crain & some road. Now look at the 6575 Polar Base its $66.00 & you get 2 buildings 1 truck 1 chopper 1 snowmobile & it (...) (24 years ago, 21-Jan-00, to lugnet.town)

  Re: Train Control

(...) The biggest problem is the ease of destroying your Lego motor by supplying too much current because the voltage will be too high. The train motor does appear to have some type of thermal overload protection in it but I couldn't see an easy way (...) (24 years ago, 21-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: I have a solution for freeing motor ports

Hi, I made a reliable gearingsystem that allows one motor to control a "transfer". this way you can actually control 4 tasks with 3 motoroutputs (and 3 motors) If you have 2 RCXs, you can actually control 8 tasks with 6 motors. (...) (24 years ago, 21-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Kaduus?

(...) two 8x8 radar dishes. *grin* -Cheese I'm not wasting this life; I'm letting it end. (24 years ago, 21-Jan-00, to lugnet.adventurers)

  Re: Plagiarism again (Was: Can we say, "Plagiarism"?)

(...) Absolutely, I would send them e-mail, and also a letter. (...) Is there a prize? If so, I would press copyright violation charges (since the winner earned money which by rights should have been yours). follow-ups to: lugnet.publish (24 years ago, 21-Jan-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.publish)

  Re: Ldlite for OpenGL and Linux (and uppercase filenames)

(...) Pardon me for my ignorance, but is gzipped at all like pkzipped? I'd go for MPD distribution, but that would require a two-step distribution: un-compress the file, then mpdsplit it. And unless there was a 'delete MPD archive' included as a (...) (24 years ago, 21-Jan-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Young Obi-Wan's Head

(...) I was looking at Johnny Thunder last night myself and noticed that, for a hero, he's a pretty uptight-looking fellow. I'm kind of a latecomer to the Adventurers scene, but man alive! It's sort of hard to tell the players without a scorecard! (...) (24 years ago, 21-Jan-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.adventurers)

  legOS for Windows

I have nearly completed putting together all the pieces for a development environment that runs natively under Windows. As deployed, it won't be able to rebuild the utility programs such as makelx.exe or the cross-compiler programs. This would (...) (24 years ago, 21-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Hi-Res 1-8 Disc

(...) I'm glad somebody noticed. I'll post the right file this evening. Steve (24 years ago, 21-Jan-00, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts.primitives)

  Re: Ninja Door Hack

(...) There isn't another door. To make a pair of these doors, you do just flip the second one over. If you look on the insides of the doors in a set, they're both stamped with part number 30223. These doors could be used to make a really cool (...) (24 years ago, 21-Jan-00, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Young Obi-Wan's Head

In lugnet.starwars, Charles Spindell writes: <schnip!> (...) I, too was dismayed by this; I only *really* want the 'figs from the Star Wars sets, not so much the big vehicles. I especially didn't want to have to buy the Gungan Sub and the Sith (...) (24 years ago, 21-Jan-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Lego in Chevy Venture

(...) I didn't say it was best, but it was the only power door available when I bought our first van. Also, the Venture door (passenger side only) is automatic, but can also be opened manually. I would like the auto on both sides, but just having a (...) (24 years ago, 21-Jan-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: what do we do first?

(...) Well, I figure what we should do first is try and actually get more than two of us in the same place at the same time... (...) (24 years ago, 21-Jan-00, to lugnet.org.us.nclug)

  Re: City Tour on www.lego.com

(...) I'm getting the same results. Maybe they're coding against a live machine again? Or maybe we really have to wait until August, October, etc. before the scenes will work. (24 years ago, 21-Jan-00, to lugnet.general)

  Mindstorm and Scout robot playing tag

It's quiet in the house. The children are asleep and I'm surfing the net. Suddenly one of the robots sitting under my desk comes to life and speeds away. Then the second one ignites it's main light and chases the first robot. The two of them have (...) (24 years ago, 21-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: NELUG 01/10/2000 is up

(...) It could be done without changing the site design by adding captions within the pictures (by adding a strip to the bottom of the picture). (24 years ago, 21-Jan-00, to lugnet.publish, lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: Train Control

I still think that LEGO and Marklin or LEGO and Digitrax could come up with a S@H train motor that is DCC ready...just imagine the possibilities...not just trains but anything that could be built to ride on the rails... (24 years ago, 21-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Control

(...) come (...) Martin - I think he's referring to the outlet stores there. In particular, the Countryside Toy Outlet. Here's a portion of the web page: COUNTRYSIDE TOY OUTLET Exclusively LEGO Products Featuring the full current LEGO Product line (...) (24 years ago, 21-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: another small house (a la David Eaton's Teeny Shack)

(...) Yeah, I cleaned out the local Wal-Mart. They had #6033 on clearance for $2 each! (24 years ago, 21-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Research Glider

Has everyone seen this? I just noticed they have a pic of it up over at etoys here: (URL) like a very simple but fun set. Nice reuse of the Ninja wings. (24 years ago, 21-Jan-00, to lugnet.adventurers)

  dragster : tempi

Allora amici. ho provato il programma col cronometro e ... pero' corre sto coso.... I tempi pero' non ve li dico se no state alzati fino alle 7 per fregarmi :) Anche per le batterie ... domani poi vi racconto ... Marco (24 years ago, 21-Jan-00, to lugnet.loc.it)

  Re: Train Control

(...) through (...) Hi, in wich part of Ontario St-Jacobs is and who much to a track box cost? Who come do they have them since they are s@H exclusif? Martin (24 years ago, 21-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Argos sale

I haven't noticed anybody mentioning this, so I will. I wandered into Argos yesterday and noticed a half-price toy sale, on many items. There was nothing to say that LEGO was reduced, but I checked using the machines, starting with a Sith (...) (24 years ago, 21-Jan-00, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: New MOC's on my websites

(...) It looks like a Belville part. 5890 has two, one yellow, one white. I've also seen it in a few other sets I think (5808 has one I think, 5895 has one, 3117 has two), 3115 has an even bigger table (which is in two halves). (24 years ago, 21-Jan-00, to lugnet.build, lugnet.castle)

  what do we do first?

So do we just start swamping mike with pictures, or do we do something more structured? Who is hosting the web site by the way? Jimmy (24 years ago, 21-Jan-00, to lugnet.org.us.nclug)

  Re: Lego in Chevy Venture

(...) What about the Chevy Camaro, Corvette, and Pontiac Firebird? C'mon, GM makes the only American sports car--they can't be that bad. Plenty of GM concept cars look pretty cool too. --Bram Bram Lambrecht / o o \ BramL@juno.com (...) (24 years ago, 21-Jan-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Technic box #1 update

(...) <Big Snip> I received it. already browse throw it, there is some good stuff in it. Will take a closer look this week-end. Phil Watt please send me your home adress, if I don't ear your Sunday at noon EST, I'll have to send it to the next one (...) (24 years ago, 21-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.jambalaya)

  Can we have a Newsgroup for KIDLUG?

Hi Todd, my friend and I just started our site (URL) with a little help from Jason of (URL) I was wondering if we could have our own news group? -Alex (24 years ago, 21-Jan-00, to lugnet.org)

  Re: Part functionality questions

This gear is also used in 8858 Rebel Wrecker to allow the axle that connects from the light on top of the cab to connect to the steering mechanism up front. The gear is used as part of the driveline from the motor to the rear differential on the (...) (24 years ago, 21-Jan-00, to lugnet.technic)

  The Challenge (was Re: Train Control)

You heard it here: Paul Davidson will join the train group as a full fledged trainiac when DCC is perfected with LEGO trains! How many more people will DCC bring into the fold? Only one way to tell... Paul, we will be seeing you here with increasing (...) (24 years ago, 21-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Update: Which Set Should I Buy FAQ

Hello world... I thought I'd let all know that I've updated the "Which Set Should I Buy" FAQ to reflect recent developments in reverse-engineering of the DDK and RDS. It's located at (URL) me know if there's anything to add. /Brian ===== -- (24 years ago, 21-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Bulk Ordering - Results Revealed

(...) The stickers are easy to fix. The current idea book has a bunch of those window stickers (well the plain ones at least). (24 years ago, 21-Jan-00, to lugnet.town)

  Re: More Scans! (Was: Scans of my Minifigs)

(...) see (...) Yeah, I've been thinking of these for a while now for my new guys... My favorite choice is Scarlet (a.k.a. Scar), a warrior dressed in red + has a scar on right hand + is a heartbreaker (ie leaved scarred hearts behind :-) I also (...) (24 years ago, 21-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: A tutti i Dragstereers

(...) :-))) Ok. Venduta. Ciao. Marco. (24 years ago, 21-Jan-00, to lugnet.loc.it)

  Re: Young Obi-Wan's Head

(...) It struck me that many of the characters (original Luke-head, Young Obi-Wan head, Old Obi-Wan, Padme, etc) are sort of expression-neutral. Their faces would be as appropriate for playing out happy scenarios as playing out bad ones. After all, (...) (24 years ago, 21-Jan-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  J Box?

Hi all, Who has the J-Box right now its been quite for a few weeks, and I know I'm not the only one thats waiting for it to come round? Can anyone update me/us? Regards, Jason (24 years ago, 21-Jan-00, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Scans of my Minifigs

(...) The fifth blue gem is hidden in the box that inside the tower roof top thingy. (...) Nope, there is only one shade of Trans-pink Jeff (24 years ago, 21-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.belville)

  Re: More Scans! (Was: Scans of my Minifigs)

(...) Yup, eventually. I've got to iron out some of the details first, such as who is allied with who and such. They also need names. :) Unfortunately, I don't know when I'll have time to build any buildings for them. :( Hopefully next weekend... (...) (24 years ago, 21-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Train Control

the way I see it, is that you need the PC or the DCC throttle for addressing of the decoders in the engines. They also allow you to choose the address which controls the engine itself. I don't think the shell controller could be capable of doing (...) (24 years ago, 21-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Plagiarism again (Was: Can we say, "Plagiarism"?)

I see 2 pics up and they are both yours Susan, I would definately contact Lego about this, Especially if the kid won some prize. I would hope they would contact him and talk to the parents and get the prize taken away. To bad someone didn't notice (...) (24 years ago, 21-Jan-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: train fans, please help me...

I gave you my four votes before I saw your plea, as I cast #2 your piece moved into first place...anything to get TLG to focus more on real sets instead of aqua/arctic/rock/throwbot nonsense. (24 years ago, 21-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

Skipped 11 messages in groups lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.off-topic.test (Skip-filter settings)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact