Re: Next BayLUG Meeting / First BayLTC Meeting
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug
Date:
Sat, 22 Jan 2000 01:11:11 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, Mike Poindexter writes:
I am somewhat confused now.  Here is my current understanding:

Sunday, May 12th from 1-5 pm we have a booking in the Fukaya room in
Fremont.  Is this correct?

March 12, 1-5. But May 12 would probly be good too :-) Couldn't hurt to book
it now! Seriously, it could be either the weekend of May 6 or 13 for the next
one.

If so, I would like to make that the first meeting for the BayLTC, if there
are no objections.  If there are, please give some alternative ideas for us.

I have no problems with it. Let's hatch a club! It was my understanding that
Dave Simmons was going to arrange the next BayLUG meeting in Albany. I just
hadn't heard anything further. But whatever we want to call this one is fine
with me.

Where ever the meeting ends up, I will be bringing:

   - Some 8 wide train creations to showcase our size options vs. the
standard Lego 6 wide.  (I will bring a few 6 wides as well).

I'm extremely limited in rolling stock, but will try to bring what I can. I
would like to try and put most of my effort into trains for awhile.

   - A whole bunch of track.  Although our modules are not set up yet, I
would like to set up some loops to get some ideas on how to run a large
circular layout.  We can put the tables in a circle and run the trains along
the tracks, etc.  I also want to test out some theories of using multiple
controllers on the same mainlines using switches that can isolate a
particular section of track from the rest of the loop.

So are you bringing a few controllers then? Or do you need us to bring some?

   - A Track Designer layout plan for the set-up in my garage that I will
be building up for the upcoming and future train shows.

   - Some pictures of some actual model railroad layouts in either "O" or
"HO" scale that could either be adapted to LEGO scale or at least give us
some ideas on how to build a nice layout.

I've never played with Bates' Layout program but will download it and play
around with it. If I come up with anything that looks interesting, I'll save
it.

Though she might not want to be a Trainiac and on the mailing list, Janet
Graff has neat Town stuff that would look really cool in a layout. Maybe if we
asked her *really* nicely..

-Tom McD.