 General / 13981
Re: Plagiarism again (Was: Can we say, "Plagiarism"?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 21 Jan 2000 20:39:01 GMT

I see 2 pics up and they are both yours Susan, I would definately
contact Lego about this, Especially if the kid won some prize. I would
hope they would contact him and talk to the parents and get the prize
taken away. To bad someone didn't notice this while it was up for voting
:(

I hope they do something about it quick though.

Tamy

Susan Hoover wrote:

Back in August, Greg Majewski wrote:

Hello,
While going through some of the current official Lego design contest
entries held on their site, I came across a startling discovery: The
model in first place has been on the web for as long as I can
remember, and it also belongs to Mr. Greg Williams. However, it says
on lego.com that it was made by some 10 year old kid. I invite you
all to go to this link, http://www.mindspring.com/~gregw/images/apc
-left.jpg , and tell me that the model in first place on
www.lego.com is not the same thing. If any Lego employee or site
maintainer or something is reading this, I ask you to please regard
this message. Either remove the model from your contest all
together, or give proper credit to its rightful creator.
Greg Majewski
citrusx__@yahoo.com
http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Dome/1888/

Well, I finally wandered over to the Theme Gallery today, as a result
of reading another thread (<http://www.lugnet.com/general/?n=13950>),
and I have to say that I really like the November winner, submitted by
mojo_z, 14, of Canada.  That is, I like the model, probably because
it's MINE.  It's the Trojan Horse that won the grand prize in Joe
Lauher's "Wheeled Vehicle" contest back in the summer of 1995.  See
entry 17 at <http://xray3.chem.sunysb.edu/msl/lego/entries.html>,
winners at <http://xray3.chem.sunysb.edu/msl/lego/winners.html>.

The punk who submitted my model as his has a lot of nerve.  This is
clearly not a case of "he liked the model and decided to build his
own".  He didn't even edit the images that he stole.  Check out
<http://www.lego.com/gallery/theme/famehall.asp> and look at the
November winner, and compare it to the bottom half of
<http://www.chem.sunysb.edu/msl/lego/horse1-4.jpg>.

Grrrrrr.  You can bet LEGO will be hearing about this.

Is there any way to find out the email address of another Web Club
member?  Can I press plagiarism charges?  Heh heh heh.

--
Susan Hoover
Houston, TX

--