 General / 14225
Re: Plagiarism again (Was: Can we say, "Plagiarism"?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 27 Jan 2000 16:55:45 GMT

Mookie wrote:

I would say more cost effective than having lawyers sic'd on em..  The
way they get about someone invading their rights, they should expect the
same from someone who's rights they violate with this.

I don't want to start a range war or anything but I DO want to say that,
whatever TLC's other faults, I don't see their lawyers as NEARLY as bad
as a lot of other firms. I really feel their fair play policy is a model
of reasonableness and we are pretty lucky compared to some other fen of
other stuff who get beat up on a regular basis. Brickshelf strikes me as
something that a lot of other companies would go absolutely ballistic
over, yet we have reason to believe that TLC not only tolerates it, but
actually condones it and in a few cases, even supports it.

I've never interacted with them but from what Todd says (and I'm putting
words in his mouth), they ARE reasonable, for lawyers. I realise
everyone else may not agree, and that's fine but I did want to get a
dissenting voice in there.

Having said that, their response to Susan was limp in the extreme and
needs to be fixed, pronto.

--
Larry Pieniazek - larryp@novera.com - http://my.voyager.net/lar

Note: this is a family forum!