 General / 14320
Re: Resolved! (Was: Plagiarism again)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 31 Jan 2000 15:24:13 GMT

Eric McCarthy wrote:

Susan Hoover wrote:

I checked earlier today, and my model was still there, but I just
checked again, and it's been taken down.  The November winner is
now a cute dragon that looks like it was done by a 5-year-old, and
in fact a 5yo is credited with its design.

Wouldn't you prefer that your model win the November contest
over some other model?

No, actually.  I read the rules of the contest and the T&C very
carefully before I sent them my e-mail of complaint.  According to
their rules, they claim to own the copyright on anything you submit.
In my letter to them, I told them that I did not consent to cede my
copyright over to them, and requested that they remove my image from
their site and all of their machines.

If it hadn't been for that clause, I might have wanted to have them
leave it there and change the attribution.

--
Susan Hoover
Houston, TX