 General / 14306
Re: Plagiarism again (Was: Can we say, "Plagiarism"?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 31 Jan 2000 04:54:22 GMT

I mean, the kid has to have learned that such behavior is OK from • *somewhere*.
The most likely source? The parents.

I don't think it is so much that the parents teach the kids that this type
of behavior is OK as it is that they DON'T bother to teach them that it is
NOT OK.  Just an observation from a non-parent, but quite a few parents seem
to think that it is someone elses job to teach their kids these things.
Unfortunately, public schools barely teach them to read, so I wouldn't hold
my breath for them instilling moral charachter!

Troy, in cynical mode as well.....