 General / 14212
Re: Plagiarism again (Was: Can we say, "Plagiarism"?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 27 Jan 2000 07:47:54 GMT

Frank Filz <ffilz@mindspring.com> wrote in message

Susan Hoover wrote in message <8EC773C68rumplestx@209.68.63.236>...
Mookie wrote:

You will let us know what they said about the letter I'm sure :)
Hope everything works out for the better!

Here is the letter that I received in full:

"Hello,
Thank you for the e-mail!
Someone else has written in about this so called Winner in November.
We will have to see what happens.
Best regards"

That's a pretty limp letter from a corporation which is currently • violating
a copy right.

The reply  I received (which I passed on to Susan) was very similar and
equally compact but a bit more positive.  At least someone has acknowedged
the problem (and quicker than I expected).

They also should have been able to investigate the claim and
have already removed the offending creation.

I'm not surprised it's taking some time.  I'll be impressed if they resolve
the issue before the end of next week.

  -Doug

^V^^V^
I am:  WickedDamraska@Netscape.net.  Nix 'Wicked' to reply.