 General / 14173
Re: Plagiarism again (Was: Can we say, "Plagiarism"?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 26 Jan 2000 18:33:39 GMT

Mookie wrote:

You will let us know what they said about the letter I'm sure :)
Hope everything works out for the better!

Here is the letter that I received in full:

"Hello,
Thank you for the e-mail!
Someone else has written in about this so called Winner in November.
We will have to see what happens.
Best regards"

The letter that I sent was much longer.

Think about this, I do believe we need someone to keep an eye on
this site on a regular basis to make sure this doesn't happen again.

I agree; this is a good idea.  I think we can share this responsibility
and all just take a look at it every now and then to see whether we
recognize any of the models as impostors.

I wouldn't want to see Lego have to pull the idea because they can't
"police" where the creations are coming from.  Though I think there
should have to be some kind of signed "legally" binding agreement
that needs to be signed by a parent for anyone under 18 submitting
items to the vote. The parents will know if the kid really built
something 90% of the time I would think...

They have some sort of rule for the under-13's (if they want to receive
the newsletter, then the parent/guardian gets notified via e-mail
(assuming the kid provided a valid e-mail address for mom or dad)), but
it's not required that you even provide a valid e-mail address in order
to join the club.

Just found this in the Web Club signup page:  "It's important to play
fair, too! Pirated images (someone else's photo taken without
permission) is cheating if submitted to the Web Club Gallery as your
own. These types of behaviors will result in denying prospective or
continued membership in the Club without our prior notice."  I wonder
how long it's been there.

--
Susan Hoover
Houston, TX