 General / 14224
Re: Plagiarism again (Was: Can we say, "Plagiarism"?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 27 Jan 2000 16:39:21 GMT

Mookie <Mookie1@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message

I would say more cost effective than having lawyers sic'd on em..  The

I would say not.  Is a single AFOL going to sue TLC?  No way!  They already
have lawyers on salary, so it isn't going to run up their bills as fast as
the person suing.  Being big lets you bully people with impunity.

way they get about someone invading their rights, they should expect the
same from someone who's rights they violate with this. Granted it's not
their fault in some respects, though they are posting Susan's picture
without her permission.. so they are at fault and are liable.. I would
think they'd want a better way to keep their butts out of the poverbial
sling.. Cost effective or not, they need to do something this isn't the
first time this has happened, and you would have thought they'd have
done something after the first time.

Just my thoughts of course. Lego needs to learn the golden rule, Treat
others as you'd want to be treated... Since they are so ready to say
sic-em to a lawyer, they should expect that back..

Tamy

A gorilla may resort to violence to get its way, but you don't go that route
against it because you can't win a fight with a gorilla.  Any large
corporation can be viewed as such an animal.  It is just the way it is.  The
only weapon you have against a large corporation is bad publicity, and that
usually comes in your behalf after they sue you.  The general public hates
to see individuals or small companies sued by multi-national mega-corps.
Look at the outcry over Etoy being sued by eToys.  The way I figure it, just
ignore them.  For the most part, it is either a bluff, or they want to push
you as far as they can without giving you your real weapon - publicity.

Of course, when you have to go after them, it is virtually impossible.  Just
because you (as the AFOL community as a whole) roll over whenever they come
after you with a statement from their legal department, don't expect them to
do the same for you.  It is not an equal relationship.

Mike Poindexter