 General / 14266
Re: Resolved! (Was: Plagiarism again)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 29 Jan 2000 01:26:21 GMT

Susan Hoover wrote:

I checked earlier today, and my model was still there, but I just
checked again, and it's been taken down.  The November winner is now a
cute dragon that looks like it was done by a 5-year-old, and in fact a
5yo is credited with its design.

Wouldn't you prefer that your model win the November contest
over some other model?

Subject to your approval of course, I think they
should have left the model there, and switched
the credit and prize from the plagarist to you.

Although it already did win the "Wheeled Vehicle" prize
which was a cooler prize anyway.

However, I never did receive any sort of apology or explanation from
LEGO; just the 2-line response that I quoted in another post.

That is totally lame.  (Where are the Reasonable TLG Lawyers
Todd talks about when you need them!)

/Eric McCarthy/