 General / 5961
Re: Can we say, "Plagiarism"?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 2 Aug 1999 11:32:45 GMT

Yikes!  Thanks, Todd, for pointing me to this thread.  I admit I haven't
been keeping up with lugnet lately.  That is indeed my APC model on the LEGO
website.  However, after reading the rules I wonder if LEGO will do
anything.  Here's an excerpt:

"The LEGO Group is not responsible for lost, illegible, mutilated or
misdirected entries. There is no limit on the number of entries submitted.
All
entries shall be the copyright of the LEGO Group and none will be
returned. Personal data will only be used in connection with the Builders
Gallery and will be destroyed when the winner of the month (Hall of Fame)
has been selected."

The misdirected entry part is what I'm wondering about.  Or does it mean
that it isn't their fault if someone submits a someone else's model.  I also
can't find an email address on the LEGO site to send in a complaint or
anyway to contact the member who submitted the model.  Anyone got any clues
on what I can do?

I'm flattered it is in first place.  :-)