 General / 14084
Re: Plagiarism again (Was: Can we say, "Plagiarism"?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 25 Jan 2000 00:23:59 GMT

Damraska wrote:

Susan Hoover <hoover@compuserve.com> wrote in message

[snipped story of stolen November 1999 Theme Gallery winner at
<http://www.lego.com/gallery/theme/famehall.asp>]

Perhaps I was a bit presumptuous but I emailed TLC, explaining that
you had been plagiarized and asking that they quickly resolve this
issue by pulling the offending entry.  I also pointed out that their
hosting of your picture violates copyright laws, and requested that
they put a direct link on their 'Theme Gallery' web page for
reporting such issues (as this will probably happen again).  My
thought was that if enough people say, "hey, this is a problem and
you need to address it," TLC will do the right thing and do it
quickly.  I apologize in advance if I'm sticking my snout where it
doesn't belong and I hope you're able to quickly resolve this matter
to your satisfaction.

Thanks, Tamy, Frank, and Doug.  I have also e-mailed LEGO at the only
address I could find, webclub@lego.com.  So far I have not gotten a
reply, and my model is still up as the November winner.

--
Susan Hoover
Houston, TX