 General / 14172
Re: A Question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 26 Jan 2000 18:21:17 GMT

My guess is that the vast majority of MISB Lego being bought these
days is opened by the buy soon after they receive it.  In many cases
I believe it's a case of the collectors of yesterday cashing in big on
the builders of today. :)

"Troy Cefaratti" <mnementh@sbase1.com> wrote in message
Of course, because of the surety of what you're buying, even someone • buying
to build will be willing to pay a bit more for MISB than used.

I know that when i do buy complete sets (it does happen, honest) that I
prefer to buy them MISB.  They DO NOT stay that way though, as the whole
purpose in having LEGO is to build something out of it!  :)

The reason that I prefer MISB is for "security", I just feel more secure
buying them that way.  I'm assured that all the pieces will be there, and
that they are all in like new condition (barring any packaging errors from
TLC).  I also don't have to rely on the sellers standards in evaluating • the
set.  My definition of "like new" and "Excellent condition" are bound to • be
different then theirs.

I guess what I am trying to say is that, just because some people prefer • to
buy their sets MISB, it doesn't mean that they are MISB collectors.

Troy