 General / 14204
Re: A Question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 27 Jan 2000 02:52:57 GMT

In lugnet.general, Tony Priestman writes:
On Wed, 26 Jan 2000, Troy Cefaratti (<FoyFMu.E30@lugnet.com>) wrote at
18:05:32

I guess what I am trying to say is that, just because some people prefer to
buy their sets MISB, it doesn't mean that they are MISB collectors.

Exactly. When I buy a new toy, I like it to be new. This is an expensive
fetish, but the joy from opening those bags is very similar to new car
smell.

I have large numbers of MISB sets, and I'm saving some for the future,
but apart from the odd curiosity, most of them will end up in their
constituent parts.
--
Tony Priestman

I have to agree with this. I can't imagine a used Lego set being as much fun
as a MISB one. Not only is the joy of opening bags the same as new car smell,
it's also all part of the fun. There's just something about opening up each
bag, hearing the crinkle of the plastic bag. Watching as the pile of bricks at
your disposal grows and grows. Seeing the little minifigs swimming in a
growing sea of plastic. Anyway . . . I just think it's more fun getting them
brand new, still in the box.

-Jonathan