 General / 14203
Re: A request for color assistance...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Thu, 27 Jan 2000 01:04:01 GMT

In lugnet.general, Eric Harshbarger writes:
0,0,0 | Black
0,0,255 | Blue
128,45,1 | Brown
89,89,89 | Gray, Dark
166,166,166 | Gray, Light
0,128,0 | Green
255,198,0 | Orange
255,143,164 | Pink
255,0,0 | Red
255,240,158 | Tan
83,0,143 | Violet
255,255,255 | White
255,255,0 | Yellow

Let me know if any of those are way off, if you have other colors to
suggest (NO clear, silver, or gold), etc..

I'd ask around in the .cad.dev group -- there are a couple of pretty good
lists already for various utilities.  A couple that stand out in your list
about as being "off" are:

- Blue -- LEGO blue is darker, greener, and grayer than 0,0,x
- Yellow -- LEGO yellow is oranger than x,x,0
- Dark Gray -- LEGO dark gray is redder/yellower/warmer than x,x,x -- i.e.,
  it's not a pure gray
- Green -- LEGO green is bluer and grayer than 0,x,0

Have fun!  (And keep in mind that monitor gammas vary!  :)

--Todd