 General / 14200
14199  |  14201
Subject:
A request for color assistance...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 27 Jan 2000 00:05:05 GMT

Hi all,

as many of you may have been following, I'm designing a 'Pixelego'
application to display digital pictures into pixelated versions based on
LEGO bricks/plates. I could use some help with the colors. The program
will allow you to pick which colors to form the picture out of, so I
need to try to match RGB color values with LEGO-brick colors as closely
as possible.

A few things standing in my way:
1) My computer monitor is currently flaky and does not display Red or
Green correctly
2) I'm colorblind
3) I don't own all LEGO colors

Thus, I was hoping people could, with various art programs they may
have(I use Photoshop), test various RGB values and maybe we can come to
a concensus as to the RGB values of various LEGO colors. I don't want
this to spark any flame wars [grin]... but I hoping it may just catch
some color combinations that I may have grossly misrepresented (or just
forgotten).

Here are the ones I have tried my eyes and hand at so far:

0,0,0 | Black
0,0,255 | Blue
128,45,1 | Brown
89,89,89 | Gray, Dark
166,166,166 | Gray, Light
0,128,0 | Green
255,198,0 | Orange
255,143,164 | Pink
255,0,0 | Red
255,240,158 | Tan
83,0,143 | Violet
255,255,255 | White
255,255,0 | Yellow

Let me know if any of those are way off, if you have other colors to
suggest (NO clear, silver, or gold), etc..

Thanx for your help, I hope to have version 1 of Pixelego available at
my site by the weekend.

eric

Eric Harshbarger / eric@ericharshbarger.org / www.ericharshbarger.org

"Oh please, if people are going to start telling the truth around
here... I'm going to bed." - Jackie-O (Parker Posey, THE HOUSE OF YES)