 General / 14202
Re: 10 things I'd like to do at an AFOL convention...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 27 Jan 2000 00:43:14 GMT

Gary Istok <gistok@umich.edu> wrote in message
Here's my top 10 for what I'd like to see at a LEGO convention:

1) a display area that shows every AFOL attending's own favorite creation.
2) a seminar on the history of LEGO (I'd love to participate in this one).

Gary, how are you going to gain anything knowledge from this - you would be
the one giving it.

3) an exhibit of LEGO sets from the 1950's to the present.

Go look in your basement...

4) an exhibit of LEGO catalogs from the 1950's to the present.

Same as above...

5) a LEGO train Layout from one of the train clubs.

Larry's house is only a few miles away...

6) a seminar for those interested in LDRAW, MINDSTORMS, etc.
7) a display of some rare items from the Billund Archives.

Again, look in your basement...

8) a TLC sponsored LEGO meeting with guest speakers Brad Justus and Peter • Eio.
8a) an open question & answer period for the guest speakers.
9) a LEGO building workshop with ideas, tips and suggestions.
10) a TLC seminar for the future of the LEGO subsystems.

Gary Istok

It looks to me like most of what you want, you already have.  We should all
be so blessed.  :-)

I think that a massive layout of themes would be really cool.  Imagine 10 or
so booming metropolis sized Lego towns all interconnected with a train
layout running through it.  A national Lego Train Convention would be cool,
but I would like to see the possibility of having other themes there as well
in what could be grouped together as the National AFOL convention.  By 2004,
I should be done with my train layout, so plan on having the 2004 convention
in California.  :-)

Mike Poindexter