 General / 14244
Re: A Question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 28 Jan 2000 05:07:12 GMT

In lugnet.general, Larry Pieniazek writes:
Cliff Olson wrote:

In lugnet.general, Larry Pieniazek writes:
Frank Filz wrote:

I'm also curious as to how Cliff got his perception? I haven't really • seen
anyone on Lugnet looking to buy MISB sets to keep them that way, but • maybe
I've missed something.

Well I have a few I'll probably keep MISB... the 4558 I won at
SeriousCollector (the very first thing auctioned there) and a MISB
airport shuttle Conan sold me. But in both cases I have more than one
and use the other ones regularly.

--
Larry Pieniazek - larryp@novera.com - http://my.voyager.net/lar

Note: this is a family forum!

Thanks Larry.

I guess the only fair thing to say is ask me this same question six months
from now. Although, in retrospect, I do understand the whole mindset behind
buyer security from purchasing a MISB set. No missing parts, instructions
intact, etc. Despite the fact that I do enjoy the whole buying and
selling/auction thing, I really would rather spend my time building with my
legos than buying and selling them.

Me too. However it seems I spend 50% of my "lego time" here, which is
fun, and 45% on commerce, which only sort of is... and at best 5% on
actual building. Since I have multiple copies of the sets I was
referring to, I don't have to actually open those particular
instances... although I am tempted with the shuttle. The 4558, I have
already had the joy of opening a MISB and building it for the very first
time (that was the first 4558 I got, I now have like 5 or 6, I forget
exactly) but I never have opened and built an airport shuttle... I can't
believe a MISB went in Bill Katz's auction for only 350.

Someting unrelated- Lar, you asked me to post some pictures of this modified
hopper. As someone living in the dark ages in regard to the internet (ie. • HTML-
challenged)and someone who does not have any "web-space", how could I post
these pictures?

Well it is truly easy nowadays to get free space and even if you are
completely clueless, some sites make it very easy to post a few
pictures... check out homestead.com, I think. Ask around in
lugnet.publish for help, there are lots of people there that can give
you pointers.

But if you just have a couple of snaps you've scanned in, email them to
me, I'll post them somewhere.

--
Larry Pieniazek - larryp@novera.com - http://my.voyager.net/lar

Note: this is a family forum!

Cool. I will borrow a friend's digital camera and do just that. And thanks for
the tips on finding my own web-space.

Cliff