 General / 14227
Re: A Question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 27 Jan 2000 17:19:25 GMT

Larry Pieniazek wrote in message <388FC884.D5160B49@voyager.net>...
Frank Filz wrote:

Actually, it will be interesting to look at the market a year from now.
Right now, there is (was) a wide variety of older MISB sets available for
MSRP or less.

Very astute obs... the Fitness Programme of TLG/C is providing us a once
in a lifetime opportunity. I expect never again to see this many older
sets surface in such a short span of time. I mean, 300 blue hoppers?
Who'd have thought?

And of course all of this combined with a maturity of the online community
to be able to quickly distribute all these sets. Having only been part of
the online LEGO community for less than a year, I can't say much about the
past, but I don't think that this stuff would have been sold nearly as
quickly two years ago.

Frank