 General / 13987
Re: Using an RCX
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.build
Date:
Fri, 21 Jan 2000 23:09:14 GMT

In lugnet.general, Matthew Bates writes:
Good idea, I have built a prototype pendulum clock using the RCX that has a
realistic tick tock sound and swinging pendulum. Instead of weights it uses
the RCX to give the pendulum a 'kick' every second, this allows it to run
indefinetly. Now I just need to build a gigantic cabinet for it!

It also has a mechanism to allow you to adjust the time by manually turning
the hands.

Matt

You should post a few pictures of your clock mechanism.  I would really like
to see how you incorporated the RCX with the pendulum in your design.  This
idea seems more practical for a long term running clock then having to wind
up weights every half a day.

John