 General / 13988
13987  |  13989
Subject:
Non-textured slopes.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 22 Jan 2000 00:06:40 GMT

Last night I confirmed something I had long suspected; some of the non-
textured slope pieces that TLG is packaging with current and 1999 sets were
fabricated using moulds from Tyco. Last night I was building a 4950 Loader-
Dozer, and came upon two of the 2x2x2 black non-textured slopes therein. I
compared these to a similar piece marked "Tyco" that I got lo these many years
ago. Imagine my surprise when the LEGO piece and the Tyco piece both showed
the same mould-ejection scars, and that both pieces have the numeral '4' on
the underside of the stud side, between identical depressions.

I offer my findings to the entirety of LUGNET; TLG are Borg, they have
assimilated the competition.

-Cheese

...and we all went mental and danced...