 General / 13995
Re: Non-textured slopes.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 22 Jan 2000 02:15:52 GMT

In lugnet.general, Matthew Wilkins writes:
In lugnet.general, Jeff Stembel writes:

2x2x2 Slopes have been around for a looong time.  Like, since the late '70s.
They originally came in clear and trans-blue.  Long before Tyco made Super
Blocks.

Jeff

Riiiiight; but my point here was that a Tyco example I have dating from the
mid-eighties precisely matches a LEGO example from the late-nineties, down to
ejection scars and imprinted part numbers.

Chances are, Tyco somehow acquired old Lego molds.

I'm not saying that these pieces are not made by TLG, nor am I saying that
they are somehow inferior to other LEGO bits. Also, this only holds to the
2x2x2 UNTEXTURED slope; I don't have any of the textured ones to compare.

It has never *been* textured.  I looked at ones from 1980, 1990, and 1999.
Except for the single digit inside, they are all the exact same.  The digits
inside are 1, 6, and 6, but the sixes are different stiles, while the one and
the six from 1980 and 1990 respectively are the same stile.

Jeff