 CAD / Development / 3724
Re: Ldlite for OpenGL and Linux (and uppercase filenames)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Fri, 21 Jan 2000 22:30:55 GMT

Steve Bliss wrote:
In lugnet.cad.dev, Jacob Sparre Andersen wrote:
Another thing is that I would prefer to use gzipped tar or
MPD as the distribution format on Linux. I couldn't figure
out how to handle the executable ARJ files, so other Linux
users do probably have the same problem.
Pardon me for my ignorance, but is gzipped at all like pkzipped?

No, but infozipped is.  Actually, InfoZip (executables are called zip and
unzip) is pkzip compatable, and freely available on Unix, Win32, Mac, VMS,
DOS, etc.  It can zip / unzip through pipes, and has support for multi-volume
or split archives.  I use it in all my recipes.  :-,

The Infozip utilities may be on your typical Linux distro, though I had to
download the source and build it for my RedHat 6.1 box.  Their home page is
at: http://www.cdrom.com/pub/infozip/

Cheers,
- jsproat

Change is good, but you can't keep it in your pockets forever.