 CAD / Development / 3740
Re: Ldlite for OpenGL and Linux (and uppercase filenames)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Sun, 23 Jan 2000 14:49:12 GMT

Don Heyse wrote:

I just tried this.  The files unpacked themselves in lowercase, so I vote
for lowercase as the standard for files in the p and parts directories on
case sensitive filesystems.  This reverses my earlier vote for UPPERCASE,
but fits better with my personal preferences.  Yeah!

  I'd also like to say that I prefer lowercase names and, of course, we
should keep the 8.3 filename convention to keep compatibility with DOS
programs.

I'll put a new version of the ldglite source on my website this weekend
that expects this.  (I'll also try to add instructions on how to hook it
to Netscape so you can click on the [DAT] links in linux)

  You could also explain how to create associations for most WM out
there (KDE and Gnome). I'd like to add it to LeoCAD but I'm too lazy to
figure that out by myself. :)

Leonardo