 CAD / Development / 3699
Re: Ldlite for OpenGL and Linux (and uppercase filenames)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Thu, 20 Jan 2000 22:18:59 GMT

I'm not quite sure where I left off in this discussion, so I suppose this
is as good a place as any for an update.

I just hooked up ldglite to Netscape in linux by adding the MIME type
"application/x-ldraw" and setting the app to "/usr/local/bin/ldglite %s".  It
worked (cool!) but it passed the DAT file data to ldglite via the temporary
file /tmp/MO38877F4D0070424.cgi.  Note the mixed case in the filename.  We
have no control over the choice of filename here.  So, as I said before, we
can (and should) pick a standard of uppercase or lowercase for files in the
P and PARTS directories, but the best we can do for users files is make
recommendations and attempt to be versatile.

Meanwhile I'll have to update my silly website with some more recent stuff.

Don