 CAD / Development / 3655
Re: Ldlite for OpenGL and Linux (and uppercase filenames)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Tue, 18 Jan 2000 11:42:38 GMT

On Mon, 17 Jan 2000, Don Heyse wrote:

If anyone is interested, I've started a port of Ldlite to OPenGl and
linux.  So far I've only gotten the rendering part working, and only
with a fixed viewpoint, but the images look pretty close to ldlite for
windows.  I suppose the next step is to get the command line parsing
and menus working so I can change the viewpoint.  And of course the
event loop could use some work as well.

If you want to play, I dumped a snapshot of the current mess at
http://www.geocities.com/dheyse for now.  You can find source for both
Windows and linux OpenGL versions there.

  I haven't looked at your port of the source, but I would like to mention
that you should use GLUT, to make your effort available to other
platforms, other than linux, eventually have the same version for
windows/Linux.
I should warn you that GLUT Menus are a little too simple, which helps
its portability. Maybe they are not suitable for the job (I have never
tryed LDlite).

(NOTE: I Personnaly like Linux a lot, I use it at home)
GLUT source (3.7) is distributed with Mesa source (3.0).

[SNIP] ...

key when working with the files by hand.  Also I think the files are
actually stored in lower case in the DOS/FAT32 filesystem unless you
specifically uppercase them.  (I could be wrong here)  Either way we
should try to be consistent.

As far as I remember, in DOS/FAT16 the names where stored in ALL
UPPERCASE, but I could be wrong, when I get home I will check.

Does someone have "Norton Disk Doctor", DISKEDIT.EXE (or similar
program) at hand on a FAT16/32 partition to check this today ?

See ya.

Rui Martins