 CAD / Development / 3654
Re: Using parts in p\48\ (was: part 2951, more questions, nearly done)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Tue, 18 Jan 2000 11:33:30 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Fredrik Glöckner writes:
"John Jensen" <skurt@vip.cybercity.dk> writes:

Hmmm wouldn't that be postponing the problems? If LEdit doesn't want
to load it from a regular dat file, why should it load it from a dat
file within a dat file? (hopefully you know what I mean)

No, sorry, I don't understand what you mean.  Perhaps I misunderstood
the original question?

You needed to rotate a part with name 48\1-4cyli.dat in LEdit, right,
and LEdit choked on the filename?  The rotation matrix should be the
same no matter what part you want to rotate, so it should be safe to
replace the file name with something else while you rotate it.

Ahh yes, but I also need to use the part that uses that primitive, and if
LEdit won't load the primitive, then I can't use the part.

Has noone ever used the \48\*.dat primitives? I count three in my directory,
and if the policy is not to create them before they are needed, someone must
have used them, I just can't find the parts that do:(

I have heard something about inlining (?!?) could that be the solution to
using them? In that case, they can hardly be called primitives can they?

I apologize for being somewhat unclear on this.

Sincerely
John Jensen.

Fredrik