 CAD / Development / 3653
Re: Using parts in p\48\ (was: part 2951, more questions, nearly done)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Tue, 18 Jan 2000 10:27:43 GMT

"John Jensen" <skurt@vip.cybercity.dk> writes:

You could just replace 48\1-4cyli.dat with 1-4cyli.dat before doing the
rotation, and then replace back again afterwards.  That should work,
shouldn't it?

Hmmm wouldn't that be postponing the problems? If LEdit doesn't want
to load it from a regular dat file, why should it load it from a dat
file within a dat file? (hopefully you know what I mean)

No, sorry, I don't understand what you mean.  Perhaps I misunderstood
the original question?

You needed to rotate a part with name 48\1-4cyli.dat in LEdit, right,
and LEdit choked on the filename?  The rotation matrix should be the
same no matter what part you want to rotate, so it should be safe to
replace the file name with something else while you rotate it.

Fredrik