 CAD / Development / 3665
Re: Using parts in p\48\ (was: part 2951, more questions, nearly done)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Tue, 18 Jan 2000 20:11:52 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Steve Bliss writes:
Fredrick was suggesting that you can use the low-res version of primitive in
your file, rotate the primitive to the proper orientation, and then (using a
text editor) change the filename to include the 48\.

LEdit does not choke on parts which use 48\ primitives.  It just chokes when
trying to use those primitives directly.

Uhhh I see:) Well that explains my problems then.

I have heard something about inlining (?!?) could that be the solution to
using them? In that case, they can hardly be called primitives can they?

You will probably want to use some inlining, when you are figuring the segment
to cover the final 7°.  But inlining is not the answer to your problem.

Hmm Why to the segment? Or is the vague idea I have about inlining completely
wrong? I think of it as a tool to put an unofficial primitive into the part
file, e.g. by replacing a type 1 line with the lines in the file the type 1 is
reffering to (and placing the quads and triangels and whatever at the right
coordinates). I did miss such a tool to insert the teeth on the bucket, so I
did it by hand :) (hooray for Emacs:))

Your 142° curve can be broken down to:

Segment        Angle
48\1-4cyli.dat  90
48\1-8cyli.dat  45
hard-code        7

Yep, did that in my lo-res version, and will do it too in the hi-res version,
now that I have the 1-8cyli (thank you very much btw.)

Thank you very much for the help. I will propably return later with some
quiestions on the type 5 lines, but I'll wait with that till later.

Have any of you seen the unfinished version of the 2951 I posted to
cad.dat.parts earlier? If so what do you think so far?

Sincerely
John Jensen