 Trains / 3762
Re: The Challenge (was Re: Train Control)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 21 Jan 2000 23:18:04 GMT

Mike Poindexter <lego@poindexter.cc> wrote in message
You heard it here:  Paul Davidson will join the train group as a full
fledged trainiac when DCC is perfected with LEGO trains!

How many more people will DCC bring into the fold?  Only one way to • tell...

Paul, we will be seeing you here with increasing frequency, right?

Heheh..

I already read the group (I'm interested in trains obviously, I just haven't
got any yet).  Half the reason I *would* get into lego railroading would be
to combine it with some of my other theme interests (adventurers, etc.).
Any layout I create won't be big, at least not for awhile, but I'll want to
be able to operate several independent engines on it.  Hence my DCC
interest.

Paul Davidson

Paul Davidson <tinman@direct.ca> wrote in message
I used to be into "real" model railroading when I was young, and have • been
wondering when someone would get DCC to work with Lego.  The day someone
accomplishes this is probably the day I get into Lego trains. :)

--

Paul Davidson

Matthew Bates <train_depot@yahoo.com> wrote in message

I don't think that Matt has done anything else with DCC in a while

Correct. I haven't time to even think about it lately. I got it kinda • working
but I wasn't too happy with the performance. The Digitrax decoder • behaved
rather erratically, another decoder behaved better. Since then I • haven't
had
time to look at it again and I don't whether it was a bug in my
hardware/software/firmware or some other fundamental incompatibility.

Matt