  *88505 (-100)
  Re: 2000 Set Observations

(...) Town? Yes. Artic? I have to disagree with you. There is very little simplification. However, I am comparing with US prices. In the US, the big Artic set is $60. (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Anyone get Lego for XMAS?

(...) No. This model traveled on the major Auto Show circuit to the world's major auto shows (which are, in no particular order, Tokyo, Seoul, Amsterdam, Frankfurt, Turin, London, Paris, Barcelona, Detroit, Chicago, Miami, New York, Los Angeles). (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: NELUG meeting report from 12/16/1999

(...) I would truly hope that someone hosting a meeting would be allowed to have their children present so long as they behave (which should be standard hosting protocol for ANY social event at a home - it's up to the parents if they want to allow (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.org.us)

  Re: New castle minifigs--in which sets?

(...) Someone else has no doubt observed this, but what's the connection between the Princess and Gail Storm, our intrepid Adventurer? Do the faces resembe each other at all, inasmuch as minifig faces all sort of resemble each other... 8^) Dave! (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Other Castle Guard

In lugnet.castle, David Eaton writes: [snip technical details] (...) Whoa, whoa, wait! Brown Falcon? Green jewel? Rare knight? (you mean the brown mustached one?) I didn't see these anywhere... Can someone send me a picture? (I sent for the S@H (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: A great cleaning method for lego

(...) In the commercial, they show the person using this magic wand to clean her computer keyboard. Are these static brushes safe for such use? If so, I've got to get one! Dave! (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.storage, lugnet.build, lugnet.general)

  Re: Future Wild West Possibilities

(...) faces? (...) Go to the .starwars group, they've been debating the race issue for at least a week. Karl Martinson raymart@jam21.net (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.western)

  Re: Future Wild West Possibilities

(...) left (...) I do!!! Cool... An Abraham Limcoln minifig... Black slaves... Black? There's a problem here. How would TLC deal with the issues of racism, slaves, etc.? Up till now, there weren't any black-white-minorities issues, since all (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.western)

  Re: Divers set 6560 Plus others For Sale !!!

I think that I had better stick with the price I have listed for this item for shipping anywhere. I am not trying to rip anyone off since that is not who I am. But I don't want to lost money on the deal, either. Kevin Salm Frank Filz wrote in (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: 4811 Defense Archer!

(...) TLC really needs to figure out why their pages are getting caught up by web caches. From two different machines at work, I see two different US catalogs, one with the new sets, one without. Unfortuanately, the machine which sees the new sets (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.dear-lego)

  railroadcrossing

If the 4532 is ot longer available is there another crossing for the 9 volts train available? Hans. (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: A great cleaning method for lego

(...) I find that letting them soak for three weeks in soapy water will do it too. :) And you don't even have to scrub! :) Jeff P.S. Found this out by accident. I didn't have time to rinse and dry the pieces, so I just left them in the water. ;) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.storage, lugnet.build, lugnet.general)

  Re: Divers set 6560 Plus others For Sale !!!

(...) All three of these sets use the same baseplate. Only difference is color. (...) In the US, I have seen this set in at least Zany Brainy and K-Mart. eToys has had them also (got some on sale there). If you're in the US, I reccomend watching (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Just a question.

(...) ___...___ (...) Sean Frantz (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: A great cleaning method for lego

(...) rinse (...) that's my method (only i'm not particular about the detergent brand.. i typically use liquid woolite... gentle, ya know) and scrub them (gently!) with the softest, largest oral-b you can buy J (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.storage, lugnet.build, lugnet.general)

  Re: A great cleaning method for lego

I think he is talking about those wands that look like rainbow colored fuzzy cat tails. You run them across the screen on your television which charges the bristles (static electricity). They pick up dust pretty good. -Nick Steve Martin wrote in (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.storage, lugnet.build, lugnet.general)

  Re: Sorting

I should add that it's not literally the "putting away" that the kids hate (with regard to keeping parts in bins), but the sorting prior to putting the parts away. Putting things in drawers goes quickly, making sorted piles does not. -Ted (...) (25 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Leo's Castle... flags?

(...) Well, as far as I can tell, that is the only instance of five flags. I know mine only came with four. S@H only shows four, also. Jeff (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  red tags at WalMart

While shopping at the WM sc (Chiefland FL) I noted the following sets were now red tagged. I'm not going to list the prices (because that will be outdated shortly), but the clearances were generally in the 20%-45% off range. 2253 X-Large Tubes 2803 (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.us.fl)

  Re: Design wanted: Touch sensor for passing trains

Carl- We designed some that worked very well with the 4561 Railway Express sets that we used for the Orange County Festival of Trees earlier this month. The mechanism uses one of those 5 sided aircraft wing pieces held horizontally flat near the (...) (25 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Instruction Books for Technic

Hi, I am a newbie and have bee reading the discussions on instruction book scans etc and am confused. Why can't you just telephone Lego and ask them to send you the instructions. It works for me and they have sent me original books. Regards Tim (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: A great cleaning method for lego

(...) I've found that a children's soft bristle toothbrush (which is softer than a soft adult's) doesn't leave scratch marks. It does take some time and is better when wet. Wayne (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.storage, lugnet.build, lugnet.general)

  Leo's Castle... flags?

Ok, I had it out in the living room the other day, and upon taking it back into my room, I noticed that of the 5 towers, 1 was missing a flag... Naturally, I assumed that I had bumped it off, or the cat had tackled it and it was somewhere in the (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Divers set 6560 Plus others For Sale !!!

So I guess that this set is not so hard to find after all. I may want to reconsider my price or simply hold this item for a while. I bet I could get good money for it on Ebay if I listed it right now, but I hate Ebay so that is not an option for me. (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Sorting

Since my older son received his first LEGO set at age 3, we have been keeping the parts in plastic storage bins made by Emplast. We are up to 18 large drawer bins and 9 small drawer bins. The large ones have 18 drawers and the small ones have 60 (...) (25 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  WTB/TF Samsonite 311 Remote Control Supplement

I need the remote control from Samsonite set #311 from 1960s. Will pay handsomely. -- Have fun! John The Legos you've been dreaming of... (URL) weird Lego site: (URL) Hooray! Hooray! Its Y2K! A new decade starts next year. (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Future Wild West Possibilities

(...) If (...) Now were talking. Who else wants a Civil War theme? David (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.western)

  Re: Divers set 6560 Plus others For Sale !!!

(...) These are all over the place in Canada (Edmonton, at least), for ~30.00 CAD. My local Walmarts have stacks of these on the shelf. James (URL) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Future Wild West Possibilities

(...) A Civil War theme would be great!! They can have little forts, or some of the armored ships that started to appear then! Tons of playset possibilites . . . . -Jonathan (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.western)

  Re: The Invasion of Strombrachter Page

(...) I plan on buying a *lot* of 4811, and none will be kept complete. Unfortunately, the only hand-held weapons it comes with are crossbows, and crossbow wielding 'figs look much better with a shield, IMO. Luckily, I have a lot of extra bows and (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Just a question.

(...) Yes! I think the official date is December 26th, the day after Christmas, at least by TRU. However, most stores already sold out of their initial 2000 shipment, simply because they put it out during the holiday season. Scott S. (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Divers set 6560 Plus others For Sale !!!

Kevin Wilson is correct about the contents. I am not sure, however if the 32x32 decorated baseplate is similar to 6416 Poolside Paradise, but it is similar to the one in 5978 Sphinx Secret Surprise. I think that there are some differences as to (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Future Wild West Possibilities

(...) I think they will go back to Wild west within the next three to four years. For now they are too busy with star wars and some of the other new themes. If we show more interest here for the western theme than in the past maybe they will take (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.western)

  Re: The Invasion of Strombrachter Page

(...) Well, the archer comes with one, and if you use him per se, you will have one extra shield for every archer that you purchase. On a side note: I could not be more pleased with the weapons and minifigures in these new sets (the king's torso and (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Just a question.

So have the 2000 lego sets been officially released in the U.S.? Most importantly in Georgia. (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: A great cleaning method for lego

(...) You mean the stuff like Swiffer? Jeff (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.storage, lugnet.build, lugnet.general)

  Re: The Invasion of Strombrachter Page

(...) I call dibs on the crossbows, bird, straight wall pieces, and the gem!! ;) Jeff P.S. Anyone notice that the only way to get surplus RK II shields is in 6095? Heck, 6091 only comes with *one*!!! That is one of my few gripes with the part (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: A great cleaning method for lego

(...) What is a static duster? Where do you buy them? Steve Martin (57) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.storage, lugnet.build, lugnet.general)

  Re: Geometry Pages

Go lok at my pages, which may be accessed thru: (URL) may find some of what you need there. It is also possible to build a circle out of 24 2x4 bricks with 24 2x2 bricks...Play with it, and you should figure it out. If not, drop me a note. Rob (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: 4532 Railroadcrossing

(...) Hi Hans, AFAIK, the crossing has been out of prudoction for a year (half a year?) now, and is no longer available in the US S@H. At least, it doesn't appear on the catalog. That's too bad, because it looked like a really nice set. I wanted one (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Design wanted: Touch sensor for passing trains

I think what you want to do can be accomplished in a method similar to many bump sensor constructs. I'd use an angle beam (one of those lovely "finger" pieces), the base of which pushes against the touch sensor, with an elastic to keep the "switch" (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  RE: Legosub Remote Controlled underwater robot

(...) It looks like its real from all the pictures. It uses the camera from the Mars Explorer expansion kit (which I really want), and from all the pages it looks like it works nice. The only thing is these people appear to be using it for some high (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: The Invasion of Strombrachter Page

(...) Hmm... considering all the great parts in 6091, I wonder how long it'll be 'till it starts getting parted out? Its got that brown falcon, the black maiden hat (with maiden!), female knight, green jewel, brown 2x2x3 slopes, 2x2x3 blue corner (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  4532 Railroadcrossing

Hello Lego fans Last week I bought the trainset 4565 with some additional tracks. Now I was trying to buy the railroadcrossing but it seems that it is not available anymore, at least not in Holland. Can somebody help me? Greetings Hans (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: The Invasion of Strombrachter Page

(...) Yup, there are. 2 of 'em. Jeff (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Design wanted: Touch sensor for passing trains

"Carl M. Kadie" <carlk@msn.com> wrote in message news:FnHCMC.KzF@lugnet.com... (...) Thanks for all the suggestions. I've refined my goals a bit: I'd like to use just Lego parts. I don't mind of the sensor is conspicuous. I don't mind modifying the (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Post-Xmas sales????

Richard Dee <richard.dee@virgin.net> wrote in message news:MPG.12d337de3bf...net.com... (...) LEGOLand Windsor has 10% off everything (1), even 2000 sets! Get there quick - it closes on Monday! Huw (1) Sadly, I didn't get another 10% off with my (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: A great cleaning method for lego

(...) Toothbrushes can leave noticeable scratches on the surface of like-new bricks. "Static dusters" (as seen on TV! (tm)) work much better: no scratching, they can be used wet or dry, and they can cover a lot more area quickly. Steve (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.storage, lugnet.build, lugnet.general)

  Re: 2000 Set Observations

(...) of (...) The instruction manuals have several pages of pictures of arctic vehicles, base stations, equipment and so on. Huw (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: !

(...) Nope, no bids on any of them. With luck, that seller will be put off eBay completely and we won't see him/her again. Kevin (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: Anyone get Lego for XMAS?

I only got the Ulitimate Lego Book, which is very OK. The best thing about it was the picture on a "full" size 8880. Is this model in any of the LegoLands? Scott A (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: New castle minifigs--in which sets?

(...) Seven, and a Skeleton. The minifigs are: King Leo, Queen Leonora, Princess Storm, the Captain of the Guard (my Title), a Soldier, and two Bullmen. The Baseplate is the same design as 4990 and 5986, and has a 32x48 footprint. Jeff (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: My View of 6479

(...) You forgot the best pieces! Two 6x24 grey plates, and a shuttle base (grey wing thingy). I like the docks too, use them for ship docks or train station platforms. Kevin (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.reviews)

  Instruction Query (oddity)

Instruction Query (oddity) My oldest daughter was given a 5874 (Beville) for Xmas. I noticed yesterday that the instruction cover illustration is actually not of the actual model, but a alternative construction. I've never noticed this on any other (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.uk)

  2000 Set Observations

I've not bought any yet. But I have lurked in the isles of a number of toy shops over the last few days. Two observations: 1. Very few of the larger sets appear to have the usual lift up cover which allows you to see the contents on the box. 2. The (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Divers set 6560 Plus others For Sale !!!

(...) This has a 32x32 baseplate in bright green w. tan printing from the same mould as the pool and driveway baseplate in Poolside Paradise (6416), and 800 more freestyle pieces divided into 2 large boxes (one is pictured on Pause) and 4 small (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  WAMALUG Meeting and Event Update

Hello Everyone, Your WAMALUG Update God here again to inform you of some of our upcoming events! First up, the Official Announcement for the January Meeting. It will be located in Rosslyn VA, and take place on Saturday,January 8, and will begin at (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.us.md, lugnet.loc.us.dc, lugnet.loc.us.va, lugnet.org.us, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: The Invasion of Strombrachter Page

(...) roofs! ~ what a dissapointment, but i suppose they give the slave1 model the structure it needs. there appear to be a pair of steep brown slopes in #6091 ~ king leo's crib, in the catapault tower, though... later ~ craig~ (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Toysrus.com 100.00 Arrived

Erik, (...) Did you get that e-mail form them explaining it? They said they were going to FEDEX my stuff overnight as well, but to no avail. Then I got the e-mail talking about the hundred dollars. I also waited on the phone for 1.5 hours and (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Request for motorbike part for LDraw

Dear All I am requesting that if possible some nice designer would be able to make the motorbike minifig town scale part. I would really like to make the space ship transporter crew and display it some where but to be able to do this i need the (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Other Castle Guard

(...) Sadly enough... yes... As far as Leo's Knights go: Queen Leonora (Black hat) - 6091/6098 Princess Storm (Female knight) - 6091/6098 King Leo - 6026, 6091/6098, 6095 Black Moustached Soldier - 4811, 6026, 6091/6098, 6094, 6095 (with knight's (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Toysrus.com 100.00 Arrived

Pawel, I never saw a name like that before. Is it a version of Paul perhaps? (Just curious!) (...) I rarely buy from TRU in the first place, but they did have several SW LEGo sets at really good prices, so I bought them. I placed my order on (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  WTT for fire pieces

I am looking to trade for the following pieces. grey 2x2x2 cone #3942 (2) black torso black motorcycle (2) black minifig firemans hat (old) (3) red 1x1 plate red 1x4 tile red 2x4 plate with square fender blue 1x1 clear round brick black 1x1 round (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: shipping time from DYA ?

Ben: Typically, not Christmas time, it takes an economy shipped DYA package 15 days to get here to Idaho. I have received 1 part of my purchase from the same time you ordered, but am still awaiting the rest. The first part came yesterday. Give it (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.shipping)

  Re: Toysrus.com 100.00 Arrived

I ordered a Mos Espa Podrace and Naboo Fighter on 11/26 and only the smaller one, Naboo Fighter, arrived FedEx overnight on 12/24 marked "deliver by 12/21". According to the packing slip and "My Account", they completed 1 of 1 shipments with 2 sets. (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: New castle minifigs--in which sets?

(...) Hmm... How many figures come with the set overall? And how big is the baseplate? Dave! (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Toysrus.com 100.00 Arrived

(...) Scott I must have missed something, and I would hate to miss a good business lesson. Why did you get the TRU money? Did they not process your online order? By the way - by giving you Geoffrey dollars, they are sure to get you back;) -- pn (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  request - part number (LDraw) - 4x6 flag

Hi! A while ago, I posted an unofficial LDraw file for the 4x6 flag ("(URL) (This part, the 4x6 flag, was used in Lego Pirates.) In order to submit this new DAT file for inclusion into LDraw, I'll need an "official" LDraw part number. Would whomever (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Other Castle Guard

Does anyonw know if you can the guard that as far as I can tell, only comes in sets 6091, and 6096? He's the one with the brown moustache. I like this guy better than the other common guard with a black moustache, but you can only get him in the two (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New castle minifigs--in which sets?

(...) Yeah, I know. It is a good set IMO, though. It has lots of neat pieces and stuff. It also has a bunch of gray 1x2 bricks. ;) Jeff (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Toysrus.com 100.00 Arrived

To All, I just got a FEDEX package with the $100 of Geoffrey dollars in it, and a letter that was the same as the e-mail. It is a nice gesture, to be sure, but it also serves as a good business lesson, if you don't serve your customers, you don't (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  5978 - Watta deal!

After reading all the dim findings of my SE Michigan bretheren, I was a little hesitant to venture for in search of good deals. Boy am I glad I did today! I went to one of my local Wal Marts. Nothing great at first glance. All the little Adventurer (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Post-Xmas sales????

On Wed, 29 Dec 1999 10:05:59 GMT, Chris Dee uttered the following profundities... (...) A bit too far for me, sadly. Today went to John Lewis and Asda. Asda had no Lego whatsoever. John Lewis had nothing on sale. They did have the new train, priced (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: 2000 Sets-Prices

On Wed, 29 Dec 1999 10:18:28 GMT, Tony Priestman uttered the following profundities... (...) I'll be in the US in 2 weeks, and won't be adverse to buying it at 10 dollars, or less, if it is on sale. (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Ronald McDonald House

Does anyone know if the Ronald McDonald House takes toy donations? All I could find on their web site was info on monetary donations. Russell (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.fun.community)

  Re: aspirante nuovo socio lugnet.it

(...) ha (...) Io suggerirei di organizzare il prossimo LEGOfest direttamente DENTRO il plastico di Wilmer ;-) Wilmer fatti vedere!!! -- LEg GOdt :-) Domenico (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.it)

  Re: Design wanted: Touch sensor for passing trains

(...) This would be my suggestion as well, if you want to use a touch sensor. If I recall correctly, they should be robust enough that the weight of the track won't set them off, but the weight of a passing train will. The only thing I'd worry about (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.trains)

  Re: I need LDlite.

(...) You can get it here: ftp://marsbase.verin..._1_6_b.zip Hope that helps! 8) Ben Vaughan buster@marsbase.com (URL) few, the proud,...the plastic. (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: New castle minifigs--in which sets?

(...) Doh! Thanks all the same, though I'm afraid it wasn't the answer I was hoping for... Dave! (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Six Shooter

If I remember, correctly this Japanese site has some projectile launchers : (URL) look at Mario Ferrari's site: (URL) like your idea of the axle-firing system. The axles would allow for (theoretically) some really fun automation and rapid-fire. Just (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Design wanted: Touch sensor for passing trains

I have used a magnetic reed switch to detect trains. Glue a small magnet to a lego piece, and mount on the train. Cut a Lego wire in half, and solder a reed switch to the cut end. This detects the train with precision, and is not affected by (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Pattern #'s

(...) The are no fixed rules, as the pattern numbers are specific to LDraw - they're not TLG reference numbers. So generally, first-come-first-served, but where the same pattern appears on several parts (like some of the P68s - M:Tron) an attempt is (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: General Box #5

Please sign me up. (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.jambalaya)

  Re: Slim Pickings at Target

(...) Yes, it's been my experience that 4 is the number. There is actually another indication of a possible great deal. If you scan it and it comes up "clearance" or something like that, no price indicated, then it's usually real cheap. I have had (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: New castle minifigs--in which sets?

(...) Queen Leonora and Princess Storm are only available in 6091/6098 King Leo's Castle, unfortunately. Jeff (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: 4811 Defense Archer!

(...) I sure hope it is polybagged. Less waste that way, for when I buy tons. :) Anyway, here is my predicted Inventory (matches the 14 piece count exactly): 2 Green 4x4 Plates; 1 Black 4x4 Turntable; 1 Gray 2x2 25 degree Slope Brick; 2 Black 1x1 (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Six Shooter

Hello! I wonder if there is anyone else that has built a Mindstorms robot that "shoots" stuff around? I wanted to build something that I haven't seen made before with RIS. (Like if that would ever happen) :) It started with a idea to bulid a Lego (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: 4811 Defense Archer!

(...) S@H offers it as 6091. (...) Is there any special packaging? Anything strange? I wonder why we have a different number... Jeff (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  My ReVUE: 5956

Background: It was my son's birthday so I we headed over to TRU to pick out gifts. My son got a some LEGOs and Nintendo games, but I knew I could not leave empty handed. Knowing it was one of those "big plastic piece" sets and that it would be (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.reviews)

  Technic box #2 - list update

There are currently 5 names on the list for Technic box #2. 20 spaces are still available. I have considered a deadline for entry so sign up while you still can! -Rob (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.jambalaya)

  New castle minifigs--in which sets?

Speaking as one of those sorry individuals who hasn't yet seen 2000 Castle and who hasn't yet received his S@H catalog, I was wondering... Which sets have the new female minifigs? Are they available in (somewhat) smallish sets, or only in the (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: shipping time from DYA ?

Ben Gatrelle wrote in message ... (...) items (...) I have placed a couple orders from DYA. Like you, I am also waiting for my Club Cars, etc. I have received the 4539 Level Crossing sets I ordered the week before. They arrived last Monday (12/20) (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.shipping)

  Re: 4811 Defense Archer!

On Wed, 29 Dec 1999, David Eaton (<FnIFqF.JAz@lugnet.com>) wrote at 16:13:27 (...) It's *definitely* 6098 on the box *and* instructions here in the UK. (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  My ReVUE: 5902

Background: Buying some of the new 2000 sets, I noticed this one. I do collect Adventurers and have not bought this one yet. Knowing it was discontiued, I picked one up. ---...--- Set Number: 5902 Set Name: River Raft Piece Count: 18 Theme/Subtheme: (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.reviews)

  Three arm piece for makeing tri-star

having visited the site mentioned in the O'Reilly book and also gone through all ( that I can find ) of the tecnica registry and Dacta pieces, I cannot find the obvious lego piece that is the base for making the tri-star wheel arrangement. If (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  shipping time from DYA ?

I ordered some stuff from DYA a few weeks ago when the Clubcar and other items were briefly available (I missed the Club Car, but got a few of the other train items). I'm wondering how long it normally takes to receive packages from DYA, 3 weeks, 4 (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.market.shipping, lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Castle Sucks (so far...)

(...) I honestly don't understand why people have complaints about the Queen Leonora minifig, *especially* her hat. Black is a great color for the hat because it can have so many uses -- good or evil, young or old. And since it's a neutral color, (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Slim Pickings at Target

(...) Of course the counter is that occaisionally they screw up. This same Target (which Mike has said the stock people have said they "never" put any LEGO on clearance), clearanced 5978 earlier this year. They then continued to re-stock all fall at (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: Problem downloading firmware (RIS 1.5)

Michael, I was stuck in that loop until I realized you have to push the BUTTON for Download Firmware!! Not intuitive. I thought 'Continue' would do it !!!! (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Slim Pickings at Target

(...) Yeah, in some cases the store management seems to figure into it. I think the biggest percentage drop I ever saw was ... lemme get the set number ... 6938 Scorpion Detector. $25 retail. About 30-40 of them on the shelf. Dropped to $20, $15, (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.theory)

Skipped 27 messages in groups lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.off-topic.test (Skip-filter settings)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact