 Robotics / 9480
9479  |  9481
Subject:
Six Shooter
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 29 Dec 1999 17:30:50 GMT

Hello!

I wonder if there is anyone else that has built a Mindstorms robot that
"shoots" stuff around? I wanted to build something that I haven't seen
made before with RIS. (Like if that would ever happen)  :)

It started with a idea to bulid a Lego version of the "Pitching Machine"
at SLR. (http://www.srl.org/machines/pitching/index.html)

I made a version that piched Lego axels but as I don't own that muck lego
(yet) it was a bad idea.. :)

Here is a link to some pictures of the creation:
http://wombat.ludvika.se/~ham/ris/

The AVI file gives a better wiev of the function. (Sorry for the size of
the file)

Bare in mind that this was my first version and the that construction
most likely can be improved.

The hard part was to make the "bullet" magazine to keep the "bullets" in
place when the turret moves and at the same time the "bullets"  should be
easy to knock out from the magazine.

Please mail me if you have made something similliar.

Regards:
//Harri Manni - 070-5850517
-"Do not take life too seriously.You will never get out alive."